db840DVC 8" sub making crackling and popping noises

Options
Futs
Futs Posts: 3
edited December 2012 in Car Audio & Electronics
I'm using a Dual XPE2700 400W Max, 2-Channel amp and haven't even had this setup for a year yet. Every now and again I notice that the subwoofer is making these weird noises that sound like popping, hissing, and crackling. I'm hoping that that it's not blown. Any idea what could be causing this?
Post edited by Futs on

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,543
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Futs wrote: »
    I'm using a Dual XPE2700 400W Max, 2-Channel amp and haven't even had this setup for a year yet. Every now and again I notice that the subwoofer is making these weird noises that sound like popping, hissing, and crackling. I'm hoping that that it's not blown. Any idea what could be causing this?

Check your wiring and if possible re-cut and connect the speaker wires and your ground/power wire on the amp. As I am sure you know it could either be the amp or the sub. Without running the sub off another amp there isnt a good way to isolate the problem.

How do you have the amp wired? It is bridged, are you running 2 subs, one off each channel, ect.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Futs
    Futs Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'll try reconnecting the speaker wire and getting new mounts. I've regrounded the wire already. I have the amp wired bridged. 1 sub off 1 amp.