Amp Questions "Marine"

Options
thelocksmith
thelocksmith Posts: 2
edited November 2012 in Car Audio & Electronics
I purchased new boat at end of season and already installed 2 MM521's and loved the way they sound so this winter I am upgrading the whole boats audio to polk.
Here is questions, this is what I am looking at having total
2xMM521
2xMM691
1xMM1240

I am wanting to know what is best amp to use for this setup I prefer, because of space to have only 1 amp compared to a separate one for speakers and one for sub. Any help would be great I have never used or installed an amp so I am lost. I think "from what I have read" that I can use a 4 CH bridge both the 521s on 1 channel the 691s on another and use the other 2 channels for the sub but not sure how that works :/

It is a boat so left right forward back dont really matter its mainly for listening at beach.
Thanks
J

hopefully my idea is not to far off cause the speakers have been ordered already :)
Post edited by thelocksmith on

Comments

• pentoncm
    pentoncm Posts: 379
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I purchased new boat at end of season and already installed 2 MM521's and loved the way they sound so this winter I am upgrading the whole boats audio to polk.
    Here is questions, this is what I am looking at having total
    2xMM521
    2xMM691
    1xMM1240

I am wanting to know what is best amp to use for this setup I prefer, because of space to have only 1 amp compared to a separate one for speakers and one for sub. Any help would be great I have never used or installed an amp so I am lost. I think "from what I have read" that I can use a 4 CH bridge both the 521s on 1 channel the 691s on another and use the other 2 channels for the sub but not sure how that works :/

It is a boat so left right forward back dont really matter its mainly for listening at beach.
    Thanks
    J

hopefully my idea is not to far off cause the speakers have been ordered already :)

Get a 5 channel amp. Alpine or Polk will be good for the money.
    Audison Bit Ten
    Kenwood X595
    Polk MM6501
    Polk MM1240
    Mtx 704x
    Alpine MRX50
  • Bugstyvy
    Bugstyvy Posts: 119
    edited November 2012
    Options
    JL Makes a line of amps that is specific to Boats and water aplications
    Mcintosh MC2300