WTB 2 channel amp

venomclan
venomclan Posts: 2,467
edited May 2004 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Hi Guys,
I am looking to finish off my system for now and need a small 2 channel amp to power my surrounds. I do not need anything high end or high powered. 50 watts x 2 will do it. My surrounds are Polk ls/fx. I want to spend between $100-$135 at most. I will take pretty much any brand as long as it is in good shape and works good. Please let me know if anyone has an amp they don't need anymore and are willing to part with. Thanks for your help.
Best Regards,
Jeremy

Please email me at likecoiledsteel@yahoo.com
Post edited by venomclan on

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited May 2004
    Doesn't Sid have an Adcom 535 for sale??? That would be good for your application I think...
  • venomclan
    edited May 2004
    Hi Polkmaniac,
    Is Sid Vr3MxStyler2k3?
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited May 2004
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited May 2004
    Yep......

150 Shipped...... (135+ shipping - basically)

Minor scratch on front faceplate......

ummm......runs two pairs of speakers

60 watts x 2 8 ohms, 100 watts x 2 4 ohms...

Dual power supplies......

One of Adcom's finest amps - Won many awards

Perfect for surround speakers............which is what its primary use was for.

LED lights........yep thats bout it
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • venomclan
    edited May 2004
    Hi Sid,
    Do you have a pic of the amp?
    b/r
    Jeremy
  • VR3
    edited May 2004
    At this time.....no - I havnt been up to par in absolute health as of late, and havnt really left the house. I have my Dad's camera, but not the cable to hook it up to the computer. -- and since I can not venture to his house as he has been absent - I havnt had the ability to take one.

The best picture I can give you is......the one below

It has a very minor scratch - about 1/4 of an inch long at most on the right side of the faceplate in the upper corner. Dosnt take away from the looks at all. I try to be as honest as I can with my products --

Here are all the blemishes -

Due To Age:
    The paint on the metal on the corners have ever so slightly been chipped away -- just tiny spots on the side corners of the faceplate....

The sides, top - are in great condition.

The faceplate has a scratch on the faceplate - right hand top corner....about 1/4 an inch long, deep enough to not be fixable. Was there when I bought the amp.

Has an A/B switcher - Power Switch.

2 pairs of speakers, LED lights.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited May 2004
    here is another one....
  • VR3
    edited May 2004
    are u there? :confused:
  • venomclan
    edited May 2004
    Hi Sid,
    Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Me too, Something goin around. Last question, do you have the original manual? I assume you got this amp used since it came with a scratch? How soon can you ship if we move forward?
    Thanks
    Jeremy
  • VR3
    edited May 2004
    I can ship it within 2 or 3 days after the time your MO arrives (if you take it) --- possibly within the same or next day.

I dont have the original owners manual -- but you can get it on Adcom's website....

I've owned the amp for about a year or so now...
    the amp is about as old as I am ;) lol -- no way I bought it new. lol

http://www.adcom.com/pdfs/gfa535manual.pdf
  • venomclan
    edited May 2004
    Sid,
    Do you use Paypal?
  • VR3
    edited May 2004
    no sir, since I am only 15 I have no access to that --- so sorry -- I only take MO --

email me at vr3mxxtrmespl2k3@hotmail.com if you are still interested......

sorry if it takes a while to respond...my computer just bit the dust...

oh yeah...if you email me -- please tell me in this thread so i can check it since I dont have MSN messenger on this computer...
    thank ya
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    edited May 2004
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3

sorry if it takes a while to respond...my computer just bit the dust...

Sid, you have a habit of blowing stuff up, dontcha? :D JK
  • VR3
    edited May 2004
    man....I WISH*** I blew it up..

I shut it down for a lil bit...

I turned it back on...and BLEH
  • woodyjacobs
    woodyjacobs Posts: 706
    edited May 2004
    Hey, did you get Sid's amp?

Just wondering if the deal went through. If not I have an Audiosource Amp100 that I am thinking about selling. 50w x 2 or bridgeable to 130w mono if you want to use it down the road for something else. Thanks, not trying to derail or nothin'.

Woody
    system 1:
    Athena: AS-F1 mains, AS-C1 center, AS-B1 surrounds, AS-P400 sub, Yammie RXV-730, Rotel RB-976 driving front stage, Samsung BD3600 Blue Ray, Denon DVD2900 for sacd/cd , jbl n24awII on the deck, samsung 40" 1080p lcd

system 2:
    XBox 360 Spherex 5.1 system, HK DVD38, Phillips CDC 926 CD changer, Phillips 32" LCD

2 channel
    NAD 1600 pre, NAD 2400 THX amp, Phillips CDC 926, Linn extra speaks, crappy TT
  • venomclan
    edited May 2004
    Hi Woody,
    I am still mulling over getting the amp from Sid. The Adcom is a nice amp, I may go with it. Nothing set in stone yet. I was looking at that Audiosource on ebay, I think it might work out well for what I need it for. How much are you looking to get for it? Is it in good shape?
    Jeremy
  • woodyjacobs
    edited May 2004
    Yep, like new. Bought it off ebay myself about 4 months ago. I was using it bridged to run my center but recently decided to simplify (actually my wife decided it more than I did) so haven't used it for the the last month or so.

It works great although the "auto-on" sensors seem to work better on one of the two sets of inputs - I can't remember which ones. I'll re-test it before we do anything. I would like to get at least $75 plus shipping for it.

Woody
    system 1:
    Athena: AS-F1 mains, AS-C1 center, AS-B1 surrounds, AS-P400 sub, Yammie RXV-730, Rotel RB-976 driving front stage, Samsung BD3600 Blue Ray, Denon DVD2900 for sacd/cd , jbl n24awII on the deck, samsung 40" 1080p lcd

system 2:
    XBox 360 Spherex 5.1 system, HK DVD38, Phillips CDC 926 CD changer, Phillips 32" LCD

2 channel
  • venomclan
    edited May 2004
    Hi Woody,
    Sounds good. Can the auto on be bypassed? Is there a switch to just turn it on manually? Please retest it. Thanks
    Jeremy
  • woodyjacobs
    edited May 2004
    I'm testing it right now.

This amp has two sets of rca inputs. I think how it is designed is that input 1 is supposed to override input 2 if a signal is sensed.
    Well 1 is not working at all...the output cuts on and off whether or not the "auto on" function is being used. Not sure what the problem is. Input 2, however, is working fine. I'm on my third CD and no problems.

I'll post a picture below.

Thanks,

Woody
    system 1:

system 2:

2 channel
  • woodyjacobs
    edited May 2004
    crap, turns out I don't have a picture of it. I'll take one tonight for you.
    system 1:

system 2:

2 channel
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited May 2004
    Damn sid nobody want to pick that up huh?
    Life without music would
  • VR3
    edited May 2004
    nope...

I was at my Dad's house yesterday but didnt get the cable because I thought Venom was gonna buy it...

eff eff eff...

i guess I will have to wait until this weekend to list it on ebay

eff eff eff...

on ebay it is going to be 150 starting bid...

bah nah nah nah
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited May 2004
    someone scoop it up...suppose to be a great amp..i was gonna get it but cant afford it right now..

Paul
    Life without music would
  • venomclan
    edited May 2004
    Hi Sid,
    Don't count me out yet. I still may pick it up from you. I have been very busy but will give you a final answer by tomorrow. Cool?
    Best Regards,
    Jeremy
  • VR3
    edited May 2004
    sounds good to me
  • woodyjacobs
    edited May 2004
    here are pics of the amp100...
    system 1:

system 2:

2 channel
  • woodyjacobs
    edited May 2004
    and the rear
    system 1:

system 2:

2 channel
  • VR3
    edited May 2004
    Hey Man...

I'm sorry for the rush, but I *need* to know...lol

I need to move this thing out, this weekend. Please let me know

- Sid Da Kid
  • venomclan
    edited May 2004
    Hi Sid,
    I guess you never got my email. I appreciate your help bust I must decline on your amp. A local has just told me that they are reconfiguring their system and have a 2 channel amp for me. Good luck with the amp. I am sure it will sell fast on Ebay or Audiogon.
    Best Regards,
    Jeremy
  • VR3
    edited May 2004
    thank you sir --

sorry if you sent an email, I dont really have a way to check it on this computer.

Thanks for the fast reply.