Best for the Run.

Options
takadara82
takadara82 Posts: 2
edited November 2012 in Headphones
What headphones are out there that work best for running? I run a lot and have trouble finding good headphones that fit inside my ears, yet also stay on when I run. Any advice or tips?
Post edited by takadara82 on

Comments

• gdpeck
    gdpeck Posts: 840
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hi takadara82, and welcome to Club Polk. I quite like the Polk UltraFit 1000s for running. Their fit is very adjustable, and they are really comfortable to me. Also, they don't provide much isolation, which I believe is a good thing when running outdoors around cars and other things that you need to be aware of. You could also get the UltraFit 500 which are the same headphine, but without a mic and phone controls for less money. The sound is pretty good too. I also use Yuin PK3s with Radio Shack foam pads on them. They fit my ears well, and sound really nice. The fit on those was really just a matter of luck, so unless you want to try earbuds until you find something that fits you perfectly you might be better off with something more adjustable like the Polks. Another good option is the Polk Ultrafit 2000, which is a behind the head style headphone that sits on the ear rather than in the ear. Those are really nice and fit would be less of an issue, although they are more bulky than earphones. They also sound better. Bose and Sennheisser also make workout earphones that are adjustable and highly rated for sound quality as well.
  • takadara82
    takadara82 Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, the last pair of running headphones I purchased were Bose, but I apparently have odd shaped ears because I couldn't find any of the adjustable pieces that would fit well in my ear. I think I'm definitely leaning towards the Ultrafit 2000, I am just not quite as big a fan of the over ear headphones, but it seems to be my best option.
  • KYFHO
    KYFHO Posts: 76
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I've been using Sennheiser PMX 680 headphones for over a year now and love them. I run 5 days a week and have had zero problems with these. Plus they sound really good!
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited November 2012
    Options
    the bose are going out on me after only 4 or 5 months, the left speaker sounds like it sitting in a tin can and has no bass, go with the sennheiser, or the polks,
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA