Audirvana/itunes radio question

Ern Dog
Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
edited October 2012 in Going Digital
Hey Guys,
I'm pretty new to PC audio and just recently purchased Audirvana Plus and so far I like it. I'm using my Macbook Pro as my source via USB cable to Nuforce Dac-9 to preamp to amp. It sounds way better than iTunes and has lots of cool features.

I'm have trouble playing itunes streaming radio stations. So far it only plays out through my laptop built in speakers and instead I'd like to send it out through the usb cable so I can hear it through my stereo speakers. In Utilities, I tried making sure that the Midi output device was set to the DAC, but still didn't work. So I tried it again after shutting down Audirvana- nothing. So I'm stumped. Any ideas?
Post edited by Ern Dog on

Comments

• carvcom
    carvcom Posts: 240
    edited October 2012
    Same thing happened to me. I signed up for the 15 day trial, set it up, chose internal speakers.
    When I tried to switch to usb, wouldn't work.
    I emailed Audirvana & got no response! Glad I didn't pay for it!

I had already tried Amarra HiFi & was going to purchase the better of the 2.
    Looks like Amarra wins.
  • Ern Dog
    edited October 2012
    Audirvana works fine for playing songs from itunes, just not the itunes radio. I'm thinking more and more that it is not an audirvana issue, but an itunes issue instead.
  • Ern Dog
    edited October 2012
    Anybody? I need some help with this one.