digital dummy question:)

Options
sda2mike
sda2mike Posts: 3,131
edited September 2012 in Going Digital
i have squeezeboxes in my house...for abt 600 cd's i used exact copy for rips...when i picked up a new pc last year, i started using wmp...it's much faster and sound wise no diff...now i have a phone that i can store tunes on...with the 300 titles that i used wmp, no problems...with exact copy, the songs transfer as complete albums..in other words the songs aren't separated...on my squeezeboxes, everything runs correctly..there is no diff between the cd's in wmp or eac...any ideas??

thanks
mike
Post edited by sda2mike on

Comments

• sda2mike
    edited September 2012
    Options
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited September 2012
    Options
    That's weird... You are using WMP to transfer the music to your phone? Is the only issue with the music on your phone?
  • sda2mike
    edited September 2012
    Options
    no...it's when i try to 'move' a file, that was ripped via eac, into wmp to transfer to my phone...if that makes sense..the weird part is: everything reads a-ok on my sqb's
  • vc69
    vc69 Posts: 2,500
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I'd need a bit more info. What format did you rip to? If you are using windows media, the file extension should be .wma not .wmp
    What were you using to compress your rips when ripping with EAC?
    -Kevin
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)B&W 801 - Front, Polk CS350 LS - Center, Polk LS90 - Rear
    2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Squeezebox Touch
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    B&W 801's
    Transparent IC's
  • sda2mike
    edited September 2012
    Options
    hmmm...we are at the very limits of my knowledge in this area:)...i don't know about the compress to eac question, unfortunately..not in front of my music pc...thanks for your response..i'll try to get some info when i get home
  • vc69
    vc69 Posts: 2,500
    edited September 2012
    Options
    You may have ripped uncompressed and untagged files with EAC and therefore, be unable to use them on your phone. I cannot imagine what you may have done to create one long file, though I am aware that this is possible. Get back to us with some file extensions and we'll see if we can figure it out. :smile:
    -Kevin
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)B&W 801 - Front, Polk CS350 LS - Center, Polk LS90 - Rear
    2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Squeezebox Touch
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    B&W 801's
    Transparent IC's
  • sda2mike
    edited September 2012
    Options