Nad and SDA2's for sale

gshisme
gshisme Posts: 1,038
Damn it, I want my LSi/Rotel H/T rig back! So here goes:

Nad 370 integrated amp...$425 shipped. 9/10 rating (SOLD)
Nad c541i CD player .........$275 shipped. 10/10 rating
My beloved SDA2's.............$350 7/10 rating Pick up only or deliver within a reasonable driving distance. (SOLD)

Just the CD player left. Note the price drop. Only about 24 hours of play time on it. It is in absolutely perfect condition. For more info, see the link below.

http://www.nadelectronics.com/cd_players/index.htm (cd player)

Greg
suds, suds and more suds!
Post edited by gshisme on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2004
    glad to read you've come to your senses, Greg! ;)

Which Rotel are you looking at?
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • gshisme
    edited April 2004
    Polkatese, I'm gonna go with the RMB1075/RSP 1066 combo again. The 1075 is more than adequate to push the LSi's for my listening level and room size. LSi15's up front again but I think I'm gonna go with either the 7's or 9's for surrounds instead of the FX's. Not quite sure about the sub though.

Sean, I wish the hell I had the money and room to keep the two channel stuff. Just glad I had the pleasure of experiencing the NAD and SDA's. I really will hate to see 'em go! That wonderfull warm sound...and that soundstage...oh baby! Jeez, I keep this up and I'll talk myself right out of doing this.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited April 2004
    NAD makes some great gear, and I love the sound. Those are stellar choices, and wish I had seen that integrated a couple months ago :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2004
    cool stuff, Greg! I know you missed your LSi's and glad to see it coming through.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • gshisme
    edited May 2004
    OK, here is my one free bump;)

Anyway, integrated and SDA's are sold. Just the CD player left.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited May 2004
    pic of the sda (and does it have the interconnect cable?) price closer to the high 2's and a possibility of meeting halfway to northern jersey might peak my interest, would have to check the budget.

(i have no idea where easton pa is.)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • gshisme
    edited May 2004
    ohskigod, some pics here:
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16937

Yup, I have the interconnect and I can deliver to north Jersey. BUT, upper 2's on the price..can't do bud. These are incredible speakers, especially at $350. Actually I'm a little offended at the price offer. I will bend some on the NAD but the SDA's are just to good a speaker to let go for under $350. Yea, they have some cosmetic flaws but after listening to them, that all seems to disappear.

Promise to post more pics in the morning. Just been busy as hell lately.

Greg
  • ohskigod
    edited May 2004
    insult was certainly not intended, from the description, i thought they were in much worse shape. from the pictures, they seem to be in great shape. need to review the budget to see if i can swing it. i'm glad they can be deliverred to NJ since it seems that piques my interest more than a price drop (i thought a very long drive was in order.

would delivery for a 350.00 certified check be doable?
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • gshisme
    edited May 2004
    ohskigod, That is doable. Sorry if I sounded a little "strong" on my post. After having eight too many last night...............It's just that I can't believe you can pick these things up for this price. To hear 'em is to believe in 'em.

Anyway, just let me know if we have a deal and we'll take care of the vitals.

Greg
  • ohskigod
    edited May 2004
    ah, what the hell, lets do it. 350.00 deliverred is good for me
    i work days, but most evenings and weekends are good. tonight or thursday is cool. Sat day is ok, but late afternoon into night on saturday is bad. Sunday day is bad, but late sunday afternoon into evening is ok. fri night could be ok, but i ride on the ambulance in my town that night, and me being on a call could add an hour to you adventure (i.e. waiting until i get back).

What would be a good day for you? (also what is your e mail, i would like to exchange phone numbers, especially in case you get lost when delivering)
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• gshisme
    edited May 2004
    Ohskigod, check your PM box.
  • ohskigod
    edited May 2004
    tonight at about 6:00 is good if possibe, i sent you an email with my address and cell number tried calling you but the line is busy.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited May 2004
    got your e mail, tomorrow is good. i'll call you tomorrow to touch base.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• gshisme
    edited May 2004
    ohskigod,

It was a pleasure doing business with ya bud and meeting your wife and yourself. Wish I had more time to hang around and suck down a few more of your cold ones. Hope ya enjoy the SDA2 experience as much as I did....let us know what ya think. I'll let ya know when the 15's are in house...give ya a chance to check em out.

Greg
  • ohskigod
    edited May 2004
    hey greg

cool to meet you too, its allways good to put a face to the name.
    i wound up putting the sda's downstairs with the 2 channel rig (the one i never got to show you. i swithed the onkyo amp downstairs with the integra amp on the theater so i could use the wires you gave me (again, huuuge thanx)

when you said the sda's would shine with vinyl, you werent kidding, they sound absolutly fantastic since i was able to fiddle with the placement and all. needless to say with set up and listening, i was in the cave until 2 in the morning :D

by the way, my wife commented how you "looked like he was having a hard time letting those speakers go" :-)

when you get the 15's i definitly would love to hear em, since i cant find em anywhere around hear to demo, so give me a holler.

to everyone else, this was a great transaction, gshisme gets a big plus in my book
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• gshisme
    edited May 2004
    Invite me to the cave......PLEASE..PRETTY PLEASE!! And yes, they are a hard speaker to let go. I guess it WAS that obvious. Glad ya have 'em hooked up to 2 channel...and buried in the "cave" till 2 in the AM...that's what earns respect:p

Take care and ENJOY!