Speakers and Amp

Options
jsjgamer
jsjgamer Posts: 2
edited August 2012 in Car Audio & Electronics
Well here is the situation. I just got all new door speakers for my car and put them in. Well i decided to hook up an amp to it also. The speakers i got are DXi650 I got 4 of them. The amp i got is PA 660. I have had them for a little over a month and my speakers are cutting in and out. My front right speaker doesn't work anymore. My Front left one cuts in and out and now my left rear speaker is cutting in and out. What would cause brand new speakers to just start going out? Any Suggestions on what might be causing this issue???
Post edited by jsjgamer on

Comments

• Greg Peters
    Greg Peters Posts: 605
    edited May 2012
    Options
    jsjgamer wrote: »
    Well here is the situation. I just got all new door speakers for my car and put them in. Well i decided to hook up an amp to it also. The speakers i got are DXi650 I got 4 of them. The amp i got is PA 660. I have had them for a little over a month and my speakers are cutting in and out. My front right speaker doesn't work anymore. My Front left one cuts in and out and now my left rear speaker is cutting in and out. What would cause brand new speakers to just start going out? Any Suggestions on what might be causing this issue???

It could be something as simple as a bad connection or speaker terminals touching metal near their mounting location, or somethng bad like too much amplifier gain causing thermal damage to your new speakers.

Did you solder your connections? Use crimp connectors? Use the twist and tape method (:eek:)? Where is your gain set at? Were you using bass boost?
  • ipartywhenuhurt
    ipartywhenuhurt Posts: 130
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I would recommend to take out the bad speaker and check if its connected. That seems like that could be your problem
  • tonyw
    tonyw Posts: 21
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yea id agree with guy about bad connections, speakers won't just give out if over powered, they will if they could only handle like 2 watts and you forced 20000 watts thru em, butother than that with the amp you have they should be fine, check connections on amp first as those will prolly be easiest to get at then tear off yer door panels and check your speakers, remember to use proper connectors as well