PSW202 Schematics?

Options
vwe673
vwe673 Posts: 3
edited May 2004 in Troubleshooting
I have a PSW202 that died, no power. Opened it up and found the fuse blown. Ohmed out the power cord and found the problem, the transformer primary is reading 7ohms. Does anyone have the specs for the transformer, or beter yet, the schematics for the complete unit. I would like to purchase from Polk, but my reply from Polk CS so far has been the standard line.....please send the unit back........

My amp is out of warranty, and I don't think I should pay $25 for shipping the amp back so Polk can replace the 2$ transformer.

Any ideas, please send to vwe673@airmail.net

Thanks,
VW
Post edited by vwe673 on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Hello,
    Keep in mind the bass amplifier has a three year warranty, this is why sending it back is the easiest and least expensive approach.
    Regards, Ken
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Polk CS won't lead you astray. UPS Ground from the East Coast to the West Coast, is <$10 for that amplifier. Send it back :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • vwe673
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Like I stated in the original post, the warranty has expired on the amp. So, how much would it be to replace?
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2004
    Options
    How has the warranty expired? The 202 hasn't been out, what a year?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • vwe673
    edited April 2004
    Options
    OK, OK, I'll send my dodge back to Detroit for a new fuel pump.....

I'm not sure how old this unit is, but the website lists two items for warranty service. Either completing the registration or the sales receipt, I have neither.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Contact kswauger@polkaudio.com , he has responded to you once already. Ken will tell you how to proceed with your repair.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • WJE
    WJE Posts: 27
    edited May 2004
    Options
    Either completing the registration or the sales receipt, I have neither.

Doesn't the registration just ask for the serial number and the location where it was purchased along with the date of purchase?

If you can't locate the date of purchase, maybe an old credit card statement would help - if you paid by credit card.