Just wanted to share my joy

Options
warlocks1
warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
I just completed my RTA collection! I am now running RTA-15tl's for mains, RTA-11t's for rears, and (new to me) RTA-8t's for side surrounds. I wish they made a RTA center, currently using CS400p. I guess I will have to get cs1000p next. I think the sound is awesome. Thanks for letting me rave. Jeff
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited August 2001
    Options
    ROCKIN!

That sounds amazing! Take pictures and send em to me!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2001
    Options
    ooohhhh, that sounds tasty....

Beware when you send the pics to Micah, ensure that under no circumstances are any women to whom you happen to have a more than passing interest in are in those pictures.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Heed Troys advice warlocks1.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Yes, don't make that mistake. I forwarded Micah part of an email that a girl wrote me, and I made the mistake of NOT deleting her email address.

And the wait begins....

~Justin
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited August 2001
    Options
    It's crazy, man! I don't want to hear this garbage you're getting from your teeny-bopper girlfriends! I'm a grown man, I've got NEEDS, and one of them is plenty of intimate email from teeny-boppers! Don't feed that need, man! It'll make a guy CRAZY.

It's a hotbed of SIN here!

:mad:

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Do you EVER feel the need for a sub? I have no experience with the 15's. I do have experience with the 11's, and I find at times that a sub would provide the "oomph" that 4 RTA11's is lacking. I was ALSO thinking, that if I found a pair of 15's, maybe they could replace one pair of 11's. But I don't want to do that, if THEY are a little deficient at the bottom end. I love these 11's, and even though the specs claim something like the mid 20's as the down -3db point, all I have to do is go in the other room, listen to the Amazing's, and there is the realization that even though the 11's go down deep, they don't do it with any authority.
    Sounds like a sweet set-up though, with the 15's and all.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • warlocks1
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Thanks, I will forward pictures soon. I have a Sunfire MKII which I have on when I listen to music in 6-axis or rock mode. When I listen in Stereo the sub is off. The 15's do go lower than the 11's, but they don't crank out base. It is more than enough base for most music. I am not a real base freak except for movies. I do believe the 15's have MUCH better imaging than the 11's.
    I wish I could have got the cs1000p for $399.00 at Circuit City but I checked today and they are all gone! If anyone has a cs1000p they would like to sell please let me know.
    I will make sure my wife and daughter are not in the pictures, thanks for the advise. How does Micah feel about cats and dogs?
  • George Grand
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Cats & dogs don't seem to give him a second look, however the sheep are a whole different story. They seem to get noticeably "edgy" when he walks in the room.

I only use the Polk based system for video, or background music at parties. If the 15's aren't going to go the distance bass-wise, then I'll probably just leave things as they are in there. Can't get too excited about it, it's only video.

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited August 2001
    Options
    ....you need to be introduced to the world of 5.1 surround sound. That will change your whole outlook on the "video thing". If you ever decide to visit my humble dwelling I'll be sure to give you a demo.

Aaron
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Listen NOT to what Aaron says!!! (About DD-5.1-SS that is.) For he speaks with forked tongue!!! :D
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited August 2001
    Options
    I'm the man! EVERYONE should listen to me! The world would be a better place. Bob, I'm just trying to get George out of the 4-speaker Dynaco Quadruptor days (or something like that). Now if I said something like, then perhaps you could accuse me of the forked tongue: "Geoge, I think you should start using 'The Truth' in your home theater and drive them with a nice 170W Denon Dolby Digital receiver!"

Aaron
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2001
    Options
    ....I don't think George is going to take ANYONE tooooooo seriously that uses, you know, the B word, in their dwelling. (At least other than removing the drivers=dandy herb garden)

George's humble abode has a sound of its own. I have yet to have the honor of 20 year old scotch, and an evening of audio lies, but I like him as he is....

[sunshine_up_the_Grand_orfice]
    He IS our roots (your and my generation), lets keep a good history record, and his system(s) are a great reminder of how good audio can be, and where these systems we own now all came from....but yet still strive to equal....
    [/sunshine_up_the_Grand_orfice]

Cheers,
    Yes, I'm drunk Russ

PS. Sorry to sound like Micah, but I'm 'tickled pink' knowing my old KLH17's are getting regular use, but more importantly, regular enjoyment.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • George Grand
    edited August 2001
    Options
    I have heard wonderful 5.1 demos, including Bob the navigator, who uses my OLD RTA11t's for fronts. I just don't get too excited about video. My idea of a good time in front of the box usually includes the history channel and not much more.

In order for me to consider upgrading:

1. My Carver 150 rcvr would have to blow up.

2. The HUMONGOUS Nikko 1219 that I have shitholed as a back-up would have to blow up.

3. I would have to feel like I wasn't getting ALMOST the same results you guys are getting, for a lot less money, from that little Dynaco Quadaptor.

I'm in a fairly good mood. I think I just got a buyer for my Adcom passive preamp. Weekends off to a good start.

• JohanK
    JohanK Posts: 29
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Sounds like an excellent system Jeff...wish I could find some RTA15s to use as fronts. Enjoy!!!
  • TroyD
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Having had the pleasure......

If you get the chance to hang around with George, it is a very cool thing. Even if he drinks ALL of your Appelton's Special Dark. George is one of those guys who is extrememly intelligent on a wealth of subjects, not just audio.
    Word of warning though, he will charm and beguile all the women, my wife AND mother in law have not been the same since. They keep asking why I can't be shorter.....

Yeah, Aaron a good 5.1 demo considering what you got bringing up the rear.....hmmmm so don't be getting down on my wimpy **** 90 WPC Denon reciever.....

Troy
  • George Grand
    edited August 2001
    Options
    OOOOOh WARM FUZZIES! I love those. Troy is much too kind in his assessment of my charms. HE probably drank most of that rum, and his powers of perception were affected accordingly. What he is PROBABLY trying to do, is lay a thick smokescreen on top of what I saw when I visited him and his charming wife Wendi. You have got to see the bruises on that poor girl. If it wasn't a single story dwelling, I would've sworn he threw her down the stairs. It was hard to watch. She is priceless. She warms his slippers over the fireplace before she brings them to him! Caters to his every whim. I bet you wish I visited during the winter months Dion, so winter clothes MIGHT have covered some of your handiwork. Well don't forget, she would've needed a hood to hide those blackened eyes.
    Be forewarned Troy, we plan on adopting her and getting her out of your clutches. Imagine the appreciation she would show to people who didn't abuse her.

• TroyD
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Damn George! You are going to blow my cover!

You know what you tell a woman with two black eyes?
    Nothing, cuz you already told her twice.

You need not adopt her, she says that if she ever left me it would be for you anyway and if I get my way and ditch the reciever for separates that might be a real possibility. So for now, the reciever stays .....She say that you would appreciate her thoughtfulness more than I do anyway.

BTW, really close to nailing down a date for the trip, probably passing through Grand-central O/A 19 October....keep you posted.

The Wifebeater
  • George Grand
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Okay for October. Lovely season to be in Zoo Jersey. The planets all lined up for you around then or what? Big Druid movement?

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2001
    Options
    If this is invite only, tell me. I aint sayin I can make it, but if we do have a little shindig, keep me posted, 'cause I sure as hell want to try to be there....

Cheers,
    Russ

We get a few Polkholes together, I'll bring some smaller-gear to give away in a raffle, or beer chugging contest, whichever.....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited August 2001
    Options
    The deal for me is this, I pass by George's house on my way to my parents house and since George came and drank all my liquor and leered at the women, I thought I would return the favor..Dying to hear the He-Man rig.....
    Where it is George's house, obviously I let him do the inviting.

Having said that, if a gang wanted to ever throw down in Charleston. I would be more than willing to host such an event. I'd pony up the food and a good portion of the beverages. You guys have pretty much an open invite at Chez Dion.

Troy
  • George Grand
    edited August 2001
    Options
    I just checked, and the 20th and 21st are definite workdays for me, I THINK. The 19th is fine though. I think that is the weekend we participate in everybody's favorite exercise, Global Warrior, or Global Shield, or Global Whatever the F*!% they call it.

In the unlikely event I get blown up, or abducted by a much higher intelligence on or around that date, you always have the return trip. What goes up, must.......

Russ, this is not Polkfest 2001. If and when, there will be a general announcement (from the gen...).
  • jeffeb3
    jeffeb3 Posts: 106
    edited August 2001
    Options
    warlocks, is your name jeff too or are you just f-ing with me?
  • warlocks1
    edited August 2001
    Options
    My name is really Jeff, I live in Burke Virginia.