Capital Audio Fest

Vette C6.r
Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
Hey guy I just got an e-mail and wanted to remind folks that are local about the Capital Audiofest.

Hopefully can see all the MD-DC-VA regulars there.

This is a copy of the e-mail I received.

"The 2012 Capital Audiofest is only a few months away! Mark your
calendars for July 13-15. We will have more of everything this year so
keep watching. Like us on Facebook to receive regular updates!"

I hope that Polk can bring their gear and we can sample some new and unigue gear that we have enjoyed in the past.

Look forward to this event again.

Tony
Post edited by Vette C6.r on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited April 2012
    I went last year and it was a great event! I plan to go again this year.
    Carl

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited June 2012
    Everything is in full effect and I apologize for being tasked elsewhere.

We have a full plate again this year, same room as last year(WHISTLER) and almost the same lineup.

MIT has chosen to support up hugely AGAIN!!!, courtesy the always badass Joe Abrams and my offline MIT sweetheart.....PLUS a new front and back end will be from BELCANTO. Some old friendships were reignited last year between Al Baron(Polk) and PJ Zornosa(BelCanto) so the team at BelC stepped up and have provided everything on the front and back end. While I will sorely miss my beloved Audio Research team and gear, the BelC gang has a lot to live up to and I hope for the best either way.

We're hoping for some MIT Oracle support this year but at the very least we'll have Magnum and Z series interconnects for everything but the final connection to the wall for the Audience aR6 Power Conditioner. Audience is lending us the same, excellent conditioner we used last year with the bonus of their very best power cord in which to connect it to the rest of the world. This is the same company responsible for the equally awesome AuriCap that you x-over modding folks are aware of already.

BelCanto is sending the bulk of really cool items to include Mono-Block amplifiers, a DAC/Pre-Processor and another nugget or two. I'm trying to get some pics attached as I type this so bear with me.

Al Baron from Polk is providing a super library of hi-resolution files via MacBook for our listening pleasure but we will have a bonafide BelCanto CDP for specific requests. I'm really looking forward to seeing some old friends and some super cool return show folks to refresh my library and our show ears. You know who you are!!!

Hey, it's July ........you must attend and if you want some more information...

http://capitalaudiofest.com/

Adona Classic Audio Rack
    Audience AR6 Power Conditioner + PowerChord Cable
    BelCanto REF500m Monoblock Amplifiers
    BelCanto DAC 1.5 Processor
    BelCanto VBS1 Power Supply
    BelCanto CD2 CDPlayer
    MIT Cables - Magnum Series Interconnects
    POLK AUDIO LSiM707 Floorstanding Loudspeakers

Regards,
    Mark
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited June 2012
    That is really cool that these company's team up with Polk to provide them with gear. I always thought it was the company who was doing the demo that bought all the gear
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited June 2012
    This high end thing is something members Russman and myself worked out over the years. We've hassled a lot to get this stuff to happen and now it's almost a self perpetuating machine since the manufacturers now WANT to get involved and active. Prior to 2003 and into the later CES years....Polk was using generic gear and really bad electronics....seriously, so there were a handful of Polkies that started to ask WHY WHY WHY....the rest is history.

Club Polk ALONE is why these events have started to get eyeballs at the corporate level and the same members are why this is even possible. Everyone here is responsible for the nature/nurture aspect of how Polk views us here....that's no freaking joke guys. Polkfest's are what started the craziness.

High end has always been behind the scenes at Polk, as I'm not saying they're in the dark ages but serious show worthy stuff is a more recent invention and because of some serious legwork, politics and soul selling by a couple lonely individuals here at home base. Someone had to do it.....

mark
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited June 2012
    ^ nice info Mark. Good to see you still around and make it out occasionally. Would love to see this show, but saving my change and hoping for a chance to come to polkfest at HQ this year.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited June 2012
    It's a great show and I'm looking forward to it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited June 2012
    I will be there this year again! I'll arrive Saturday around noon. I look forward to seeing some of you there! It's a great show!! A chance to see and hear many things that you will never buy.
    Carl

• Vette C6.r
    edited June 2012
    Not sure if I am off but do you want to car pull Jesse.
  • F1nut
    edited June 2012
    I'm not pulling any cars.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited June 2012
    F1nut wrote: »
    I'm not pulling any cars.

WUSS!!! Grow a set and pull one man! :cheesygrin:
    No excuses!
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited July 2012
    Those of you that have attended the swap meet on Sunday can you tell me what type of stuff you've seen and is it a few tables or a sizeable event?
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • F1nut
    edited July 2012
    brgman wrote: »
    Those of you that have attended the swap meet on Sunday...

Too early in the morning for me.

President of Club Polk

• rromeo923
    rromeo923 Posts: 1,513
    edited July 2012
    Brgman,

I sold some items last year at the swap meet. I would say there was about 20 tables at most.
    One guy had a very nice selection of vinyl. There was guys selling tube amps. Some guys selling tubes. Two guys selling and playing Theramins. I sold cds, sacds, dvd-a and gave away about 200 cassettes. There was also some other random audio gear.

Not sure I would go just to sell or buy. However, if you are there for the show it is worthwhile taking a quick stroll through.
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything
  • brgman
    edited July 2012
    F1nut wrote: »
    Too early in the morning for me.

I already knew that Drac!

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • brgman
    edited July 2012
    rromeo923 wrote: »
    Brgman,

I sold some items last year at the swap meet. I would say there was about 20 tables at most.
    One guy had a very nice selection of vinyl. There was guys selling tube amps. Some guys selling tubes. Two guys selling and playing Theramins. I sold cds, sacds, dvd-a and gave away about 200 cassettes. There was also some other random audio gear.

Not sure I would go just to sell or buy. However, if you are there for the show it is worthwhile taking a quick stroll through.

Thanks.Just what i was wondering.

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • F1nut
    edited July 2012

President of Club Polk

• rromeo923
    rromeo923 Posts: 1,513
    edited July 2012
    Went to Capital Audio Fest today. Game time decision and glad I made it. Some incredible sounding equipment and good people. Got to meet Mark in the Polk room, really nice guy! The Polk room sounded great and was equal or better than many much more expensive setups. I will definitely go back next year.
    I got static in my head
    The reflected sound of everything
  • Vette C6.r
    edited July 2012
    Another good time at the show. Good to see Jesse and Mark again.

Once you get past the B.O. smell in every room it was very enjoyable.

Polk had a large air conditioned room that sounded as good as it looked. Once again, I'll say that it is great that Polk brings excellent sound with a budget that normal people can manage. I have no idea who would pay $38,000 fot the Tidal speakers.

I also picked up some Triode Wire Lab power cables. They sound great as well. Not that cables make a difference though.

Very enjoyable day.
  • Vette C6.r
    edited July 2012
    Not sure if this was posted somewhere else but I thought I would share.

They had good things to say about Polk.

From Part Time Audiophile article.
    http://www.enjoythemusic.com/capitol_audiofest_2012/part1/page2.htm