The Time Machine

Ron-P
Ron-P Posts: 8,516
edited March 2002 in Music & Movies
Anyone else looking forward to this remake? I loved H.G. Wells 1960 film and this one looks excellent as well. Of all movies announced for release this year, this is the one that will get me into an actual theater.

Peace Out~:D
If...
Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
Post edited by Ron-P on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
    the old wells film was great, haven't seen it in a long time. i'm not too eager about this new remake though... something about that first supre-cheesy trailer just threw it off for me. the newer trailer has a little more hope, but i think i'll wait to rent it...
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2002
    I've got a VHS copy of the original and I am looking forward to the new version. I hope this is a better remake than Planet of the Apes. POTA was not totally bad...it just did not live up to the original.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited February 2002
    No original ideas out there in hollywood?

Can't come up with something new? Something, maybe, that's original and has not been done before?

Anything?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • juice21
    edited February 2002
    seems like all those 'creative geniouses' are fresh out...
  • Ron-P
    edited February 2002
    It is getting to the point where new ideas are running thin. Hey, your gonna run out of ideas eventually. You can only do so many different murder stories, sci-fi stories, comedies...etc, etc. I welcome remakes, they put fresh new faces on old classics, most of the time.

If...
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited February 2002
    Of all movies announced for release this year, this is the one that will get me into an actual theater.
    Still bitter that they cut N'Sync from Episode II, eh? :D

Aaron
  • Ron-P
    edited February 2002
    Yeap, once they took out N'Sync it was all down hill for SW;)

I have no desire to see EP. II in the theaters. I'll just wait until Novermber and buy the DVD.

If...
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited February 2002
    Originally posted by juice21
    seems like all those 'creative geniouses' are fresh out...

That's why I think Memento deserves an extra thumbs up, they really bucked the trend for movies lately. How confusing was that in the editing room??
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited February 2002
    ...have to agree,
    Memento was...strange, skewed,
    but definitely fresh.
    I had some other comments to make,
    but I can't remember....let me see,
    I've got them written here on me somewhere.

-luc
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2002
    Now tell me that isnt a limerick??????

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2002
    Man, that ain't no limerick, that is Dr. Seuss.....

no I do not like green eggs and ham....

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2002
    Tough crowd....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2002
    GOLD! Jerry, GOLD!

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2002
    hey dont knock planet of the apes i thought it was good and i am a big fan of the origonal and i have seen them all
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited February 2002
    i thank that the matrix is the best modern si-fi movie that has come out so far, what do you guys thank
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2002
    i seccond that i cant wait for the sequal to the matrix
  • juice21
    edited February 2002
    loved the matrix, i think it's going to be very hard to live up to the first one in a sequel, let alone making it a trilogy...

maybe i'm just too skeptical...
  • Eddie624
    Eddie624 Posts: 77
    edited February 2002
    Hey TroyD I just happened to catch one of your posts where u posted your addy and was suprised to see you were in the same craphole town that i am in. Actually you live right down the street. Acdtually i really dont know where that street is but what a small world this really is. Anyway is the only place that sells POLKS around here at CC. Anyway what am i still doing up at 1:30 reading these message boards for.
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited March 2002
    Im sorry but I think the remakes of old movies is good evidence that the art and imgaination of screenwriting is gone-.all you see now are remakes of old tv shows and movies..what can they possibly do to the Time Machine other than beef up the effects..the original was very close to the book and had great effects for the time and good acting..why mess with it? look what they did to Planet Of The Apes..
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited March 2002
    Besides I won't be able to make my witty "Those Morlocks look like little blue Jimmy Houstons" remark. I look forward to it either way.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited March 2002
    Originally posted by gidrah
    Besides I won't be able to make my witty "Those Morlocks look like little blue Jimmy Houstons" remark. I look forward to it either way.

well the new ones talk now....

hey I like the Maggot Brain quote..excellent jam!