edited June 2012 in Forum Testing Area
need crossover for a ls90. part #re0905-2, i think
Post edited by PETET on

Comments

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Welcome to the fold, PETET. I am not sure if Polk still carries crossovers for the LS series--Call the service number at the top of the page and you can find out directly.

Crossovers can be rebuilt/improved with upgraded capacitors and resistors, so that's a possibility as well. Could you describe the problem that requires a new crossover?

Hope you can get those LS90s singing again, they're a nice-looking and nice-sounding (so I've heard) speaker.

Jay
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • PETET
    PETET Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    Options
    My 9 yr old had the mute on and my wife didnt know it and turned vol up and blew the tweeter and driver.in installed both speakers only to find the sound operating at about 60% compared to the other ls90.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    edited June 2012
    Options
    So you got replacement drivers but the sound still isn't quite right? Have you been able to test the speakers with a different amp or receiver to make sure that it's definitely the speakers?

Once you've ruled out damage to the amp/receiver, you can look more closely at the speaker. Test that each of the drivers is still working without distortion and check the tweeter as well. Additionally pull the crossover and see if there's any visible damage (burnt resistor(s), for example).

You may want to repost your issue on the troubleshooting forum, where it may bring some additional views and advice from those more experienced in troubleshooting than me.

Good luck!
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0