WTB: Panamax 5100/5500

superbrett
superbrett Posts: 106
edited April 2004 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
I'm looking for a Panamax 5100, or a 5500...Crutchfield is abit overpriced...any reputable online dealers you guys trust?

Thanks
"Looks good from far, but far from good!"
Post edited by superbrett on

Comments

• saguppy
    saguppy Posts: 44
    edited April 2004
    I found this in a previous thread here in the forum.

If you go to the panamax web site, then to the online store part and click on the refurbished items... it lists a promo special for $99.95, I called to make sure of what the deal was for and they told me it was the 5100, and it is brand new not refurbished. I just ordered one off of the website, seems like a great deal.
  • superbrett
    superbrett Posts: 106
    edited April 2004
    Damn!...If thats right, (I just sent an email) I owe ya one....thanks!
    "Looks good from far, but far from good!"
  • gacole2000
    gacole2000 Posts: 255
    edited April 2004
    That is for an upgrade for previous owners. I upgraded my MAX 500 DBS, that I got off e-bay for the $99. Nice unit!

Keep an eye out for a cheap used unit and then upgrade it. They have excellent CS also!

Good luck- Greg
    AVR: Yamaha RX-V661
    DVD: Yamaha DV-C6480
    BR: Samsung 1600
    Mains: Polk RT55 (bi-amped)
    Center: CS300
    Sides: FX1000
    Rears: RT/FX
    Subs: SVS 20-39 PC+ 12.3 & DIY SVS 12.2
    Projector: Optoma HD70 w/ 106" Elite Screen
    Power: Panamax MAX 5100
    Remote: Harmony One
  • saguppy
    saguppy Posts: 44
    edited April 2004
    Crap, too good to be true

Just got an email from them requesting an RMA# (Return of Merchandise Authorization #)
    Apparently you have to be returning something?
    Not sure why they would have this promo on their website and not list that those requirements apply??

http://www.panamax.com/rma/
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited April 2004
    I thought the promotion was to turn in any used surge arrestor??? ....not just a used Panamax.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.