Polk LSiM 703 vs. Wharfedale Jade 3 (I don't own either, nor have I heard either)

Options
Loud & Clear
Loud & Clear Posts: 1,538
edited May 2012 in Speakers
I would REALLy like to do a contrast/compare of these two speakers. Both pairs will cost you $1500.00 new. Both pairs have a 1" tweeter, a 3" midrange cone, and a 6 1/2" bass driver. I suspect both sound fantastic but it would be really cool to hear the differences and to conclude a favorite. Perhaps I'll have to get them in house and do the listening.

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
Integrated Amp: Krell S-300i
DAC: Arcam irDac
Source: iMac
Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-160M
Center: Klipsch RP-160M
Subwoofer: SVS PB12NSD (X 2)
AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790
TV Source: DirecTV Genie
Post edited by Loud & Clear on

Comments

• Stilly74
    Stilly74 Posts: 194
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I've had the 703's for awhile now and they just keep getting better. To date they are the best I've ever owned. But on another note I do not have any input on the Whales but just putting in my two cents about the Polk's . Put my Rti12's to shame which really says a lot.
  • transmaster
    transmaster Posts: 428
    edited May 2012
    Options
    A big consideration I would have is customer service. I do have a pair of Wharfedales but they are 40 years old so they don't count. I did look into New Wharfedales, and I am sure they sound great, but they are not easy to find in my area; Wyoming. I have to like an outfit that still has drivers for My pair of 24 year old Polk Monitor 10B's. After up-grading the crossovers and replaced the fried MW-6503 drivers the biggest worry I have looking at new Polk speakers is are the going to sound as good.
    Radio Station W7ITC