Bi-amping RTi150s

Polk-it-up
Polk-it-up Posts: 6
edited April 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Currently have RTi150s powered by NAD370 (120 wpc). Has anybody tried bi-amping with the NAD 270? Any sound quality benefits??
Post edited by Polk-it-up on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2004
    First, welcome to the Club.

There are tons of threads here about the 150's and the power they need to sing. Many have added external 2 ch amps to bi-amp in parallel with AVR's. Most have reported much fuller sound with added power.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Polk-it-up
    Polk-it-up Posts: 6
    edited April 2004
    Originally, I had a low-end Sony SDR695 AVR to drive the RTi150s. Not being much of an audiophile, I thought the Polks sounded pretty good and unlike many, never had a problem with the Sony going into protection mode. However, after reading all the threads regarding the power hungry RTi150's, I purchased the NADC370 for stereo listening. I expected I would get some improvement in sound quality and power over the Sony, but let me tell you, the difference was amazing. Sound stage and detail better than I have ever heard before. And power, a quarter turn on the NAD volume dial can shake the house. So I quess I'm not looking for more power but rather, more quality. I may just try bi-amping - plus I love the look of those NAD components stacked 4 feet high.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited April 2004
    The lower end Sony compared to NAD is definetly night and day. I really like the warmth and honest, dynamic power that NAD offers, it's a great brand.

Glad you are enjoying your new gear :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.