Very Happy with Polk "Refurbished" Speakers

Turbota
Turbota Posts: 255
edited May 2012 in Speakers
I needed a set of new speakers for the house I am buying. I decided on a pair of Polk Rti A7 towers, and a pair of RTi A3 bookshelf speakers.

To save some money on the RTi A7s, I bought them as "Refurbished" units on the Polk Audio eBay site, while I bought the smaller A3s new through an authorized Polk distributer.

I was really kinda worried that the refurbished A7s might have some cosmetic defects, but after a VERY careful inspection, they were as perfect cosmetically as the new A3s. The cherry wood veneer was excellant.

I haven't had a chance to listen to them yet since I have not moved to the new house I'm buying (going to wait to install everything after I move) .. but, I am sure these refurbished units have been tested as much, if not more than new units coming out of the factory, for obvious reasons.

Just be aware that the refurbished Polk home speakers get a 2 year warranty -vs- a 5 year warranty for new Polk home speakers.

But, as much as I saved buying these refurbished A7s, the decreased warranty period does not present a problem with me.

Ron,
2-Channel Audio
Onkyo ... A-9050 . . .Integrated Amp. (Power Amp Section not Used)
Onkyo ... M-282 . ... Power Amps .(Pair)
Onkyo ... C-7030 . _.CD Player
Polk . . *. RTi A7 - ....Front Speakers
Polk . . *. RTi A3 - ....Rear Speakers
Post edited by Turbota on

Comments

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited May 2012
    Congrats. RTi A7's in cherry don't generally last long on Polk's ebay site. Its a shame ya can't listen to them yet.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    edited May 2012
    I have had my refurb A9's for about 3 years now with no issues..
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    edited May 2012
    sounds like you got some great speakers. hope you enjoy them soon..great to hear your happy with the outcome also
    Randy/Maine
  • JustinHEMI
    JustinHEMI Posts: 198
    edited May 2012
    I love my refurbed a9 from polls eBay site. I swear one was brand new just to pair with the refurb. One was obviously the refurb the other looked factory fresh like my new a7s did. I couldn't be happier, they are perfect.
    Fronts: Polk RTi A9's
    Center: Polk CSi A6
    Surrounds: Polk FXi A6
    Sub: Epik Empire
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR809
    Amp: Emotiva XPA-3
    Blu Ray: Panasonic DMP-BD210
    Power: Monster HDP 2500
    Monitor: Panasonic TC-P60ST30