So I got some bi-wire

Options
Steve@3dai
Steve@3dai Posts: 983
edited March 2002 in Technical/Setup
Alright, I laid down the 48 bucks to get 16feet of JPW Audiolink Bi-Wire 79 cable.

Banana plugs on both ends.

I haven't hooked it up yet, but plan to in a few hours (still at work).

I'll tell ya what I think :)

- Steve

Keep this on-topic please.
LSi 9/C/FX
Arcam AVR-200
Post edited by Steve@3dai on

Comments

• dean/klipschead
    dean/klipschead Posts: 295
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I use a nice set of jumper cables from Pep Boys

sorry - I couldn't help it

Where you will notice the most difference is at the higher SPL's. The system won't sound as 'pinchy' or 'congested'. Put your 'best' wire on the tweeters - unless your best wire is the 'fattest' - then put it on the woofers.
    Dean
    Quicksilver M-60 monoblocks - JM 200 Peach Linestage - Sony DVP-S9000ES - '03 modified Klipschorns

"I'm sure it's better than it sounds."-- Mark Twain, when asked what he thought about Wagner's music
  • Steve@3dai
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Actually, I stopped by Pep-Boys, well, Autozone on the way home, looking for Redline brand gear oil for mah WRX :)

Anyway, so I hooked it up. It's not a night and day, but subtle. The instruments are somewhat more defined, and the stereo image is a tad wider.

I made sure my computer was off, A/C was off, muzzled the dogs next door, to get a clean as possible listening enviroment. I first listened to familiar tracks with the Tara Labs cable. I also made sure the volume did not change in-between the cable switch. Then I switched to the JPW cable. Difference? Yes. Worth $48? Debatable ;)

Here's a pic of the back of my LSi9 with the JPW bi-wire cable:
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • Steve@3dai
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I just can't help it, they are so sexy!
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • dean/klipschead
    edited March 2002
    Options
    but tell the truth - biwiring looks really cool doesn't it :)

nice pics of your LSi9's

It's a great tweak for $48 - I've seen people change out CD players and it make absolutely NO difference in the sound.
    Dean
    Quicksilver M-60 monoblocks - JM 200 Peach Linestage - Sony DVP-S9000ES - '03 modified Klipschorns

"I'm sure it's better than it sounds."-- Mark Twain, when asked what he thought about Wagner's music
  • Steve@3dai
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Well yea it looks cool!

I do need to get a better CD player, but I think I will get a better DVD instead.

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by Steve@3dai
    I just can't help it, they are so sexy!

SEXY INDEED! nice speakers steve...:D
  • dean/klipschead
    edited March 2002
    Options
    whoa - almost 18,000 posts! Juice - you have no life :)

Have you considered audio as hobby to take up some of your time;)
    Dean

• juice21
    edited March 2002
    Options
    i'm getting there...

what can i say, it comes down to doing actual work, or surf the polk audio forum all day???:D
  • dean/klipschead
    edited March 2002
    Options
    now i can relate to that

i have that problem too
    Dean

• juice21
    edited March 2002
    Options
    both of us have (5.12 posts per day)

looks like you're just as much of a life as i do...:D :D:D
  • dean/klipschead
    edited March 2002
    Options
    yea, i'm bad

i love these message boards

I actually have friends that still can't figure out a woofer from a tweeter and could care less
    Dean

• juice21
    edited March 2002
    Options
    of course, you've got the 'one of a kind' polkie wannabe id, so your one-up on me...

what does it take to get your own personalized id around here???:p

that's it, i'm gonna gonna go buy some klipsh's... (hint hint):D