Woofer Grilles...

IcePhreak08
IcePhreak08 Posts: 22
edited April 2004 in Custom Fabrication
Necessary or not? My sub's will be facing up, so I dont think thta anything will be sliding into them, should i get some cheap grate grilles just incase?
Rollin deep in the T-bird.

1992 Thunderbird LX, w/ sport option.

JBL audio system, Fosgate Punch8004 amp, 2 gnx124's (12")
Post edited by IcePhreak08 on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited March 2004
    thats really your call man, i cant tell you how much of a chance your subs have of getting hit
    but better safe than sorry....
    -Cody
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Polk Woodpecker Posts: 0
    edited March 2004
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited March 2004
    yeah, those grilles look about 15 thousand times better than those ugly **** "waffle" grilles
    -Cody
  • IcePhreak08
    IcePhreak08 Posts: 22
    edited March 2004
    they also cost 30$ more seeing as how i can get the waflle gril 2 pack for 10$ :)
    Rollin deep in the T-bird.

1992 Thunderbird LX, w/ sport option.

JBL audio system, Fosgate Punch8004 amp, 2 gnx124's (12")
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited March 2004
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2004
    you gotta admit, the polk grilles are pretty hot (no pun intended); you spent hard-earned money for the install, you should protect it too. and make it look good.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited April 2004
    Waffle grilles... yeah i know i'm cheap....

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    waffle grilles arent very deep either
    i highly doubt that they have enough room for the excursion of the mm12 considering the grill thats MADE for it is NOT big enough
    wtf polk?
    maybe ill should just give them their rated power...but whats the fun in that...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited April 2004
    Yeah.. my old db12's barely clear under my waffle grilles... but considering how much my toolbox has taken paint from the face of the grilles... I'm glad they're only $4 each, and temporary.

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    pretty sure both baby and big momos have a larger X-max than the old DBs
    -Cody
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited April 2004
    I am sure you're right Cody, especially with new momo styling I think they have fatter suspension at least. but it's not worth my time to look up my old specs.... What I really need to do is get not-broke and build a new enclosure and all...
    -Jerry

• TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited April 2004
    our local CC has some grill covers by Fishman... somewhat similar to the polks...they are on sale for 18.99 for the 10's... I was thinking about getting a pair for the Tahoe..
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    why?
    doesnt the 'hoe already have a factory grill?
    -Cody
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited April 2004
    cody..you evidently did not look at the newer install pics. 2-10's are in a box now... Told my wife she had to lose one of the "usless" third seats :p
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited April 2004
    I havent seen the new pics TUI. But you could make a nice serving bar or tray looking top to cover the box (deffinitely not part of it). Then she would maybe forgive you.
    -Jerry

• exalted512
    edited April 2004
    i think i have--just forgot--its time for a new truck...and i still have to wait another year before i can get the money together
    all this talk about box making lately makes me want to sell this one and build another one...lol
    i gotta build one in september or so to hold the brahmas
    itll look pretty sweet
    -Cody