Polk SR6500 and SR5250

Options
kawizx9r
kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
edited April 2012 in Garage Sale
It's been awhile guys!

Downsizing on my personal possessions early since I'll be moving to Texas in the next year so up for sale are my Polk SR6500's and SR5250's.

Not sure what to ask since they're used, but I do know they fetch alot of dough being that they're so sought after.

The SR6500's are complete with tweeters, crossovers, and 6 1/2" woofers. Everything will be in the original box to include mounting hardware, templates, manual, even a Polk window/bumper sticker. The only things missing are spacers (you can easily make your own) and 6x9 plates.

Next up are a set of SR5250's. This set does not come in its original box and tweeters are not included. I had planned on using them as midrange drivers in a 3-way setup with the SR6500's. With this set you get the 5 1/4" woofers, crossovers, and extra mounting hardware for the tweeters (in case you want to go coaxial with the 5 1/4").

Both sets of speakers also come with their respective grilles.

I will not separate at this time, and my asking price for everything is $650+s/h.

I've also got a mint condition Polk SR104 (single voice coil), though I might keep it for local sale only. It's pretty damn heavy!

Shipping will be from 93906 via FedEx (I don't trust UPS). Estimate 20+lbs each box (2 of them) if you want to create your own quote.

2012-02-15%252016.51.39.jpg
Truck setup
Alpine 9856
Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
Polk SR6500
Polk SR5250
Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
Post edited by kawizx9r on

Comments

• kawizx9r
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I would also consider trades (might need cash on your end).

Would be interested in a set of MM6501 (component) or MM651 (coaxial), 1 or 2 10" woofers (something less power-hungry) in excellent shape with a stereo amp or monoblock to power it with. Basically, I'm asking for a downgrade so I have something to put in my truck as well as getting some cash. I could toss in the SR104 to sweeten the deal if someone has an MM1040 or something to toss in.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• BeefJerky
    BeefJerky Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Dang. I do want some SR6500's, but really can't justify buying everything, especially since I already have a set of SR5250's here in the car. I also do not need the sub since I am using a 12" right now. If you do decide you might want to consider splitting, please put me first in line for the SR6500.

I also might have a sub and amp that might work okay for you. It is an Alpine 10" Type-E subwoofer. It is either the SWE-1043 or SWE-1042, but I don't remember which for sure. I think they're pretty much the same anyways, just a different model year. It is in a small downfiring sealed box, but you can choose whether you would want it or not. I also have a Pioneer GM-D7400M monoblock amp to go with it.

In fact, one other thought. We might be able to work it out where you can keep the tweeters to sell with the SR5250's if that would make the decision to split easier. The tweeters are the same as far as I know, so I'd only be switching out the mids and crossovers anyways.

Let me know! :cheesygrin:
  • kawizx9r
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The tweeters with the 5250's and 6500's was my main concern actually.

I could easily split them if you'd want the 6500 set minus tweeters. I was just afraid of getting stuck with SR5250's with no tweets.

I'm just looking for something small I can put in my extended cab, probably underneath the rear seating all without spending money on other things. Hate buying stuff without first getting rid of my extra's.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• BeefJerky
    BeefJerky Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I suspected that the tweeters might have been a large part of the issue. I'll shoot you a PM in a few minutes so we can discuss this further.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited February 2012
    Options
    GD IT!

I just paid all my bills before I got on the forum or else I would so be all over this.....

GLWTS Freddy!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Look how little is needed for all of us to get excited as a group LOL.

Now that I think of it I also have brand new Polk Momo C300.2 amp that is a perfect match for DSkip's 8'' momo subs if I remember their specs correctly. :)
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Just a thought do we know if polk has the tweets for the SR series anymore? Might help someone on the fence if they do.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • kawizx9r
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Wow, this much excitement over a couple of metal baskets with magnets attached to them huh?

And nope, Polk doesn't supply SR tweeters anymore! I called maybe last month as well as sending in an email and they're no longer available.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• EndersShadow
    edited February 2012
    Options
    kawizx9r wrote: »
    Wow, this much excitement over a couple of metal baskets with magnets attached to them huh?

Cmon Freddy, you know you posted the "White Rhino" of Polk Car Audio speakers.... who doesnt want to get their hands on a set lol.......
  • ipartywhenuhurt
    ipartywhenuhurt Posts: 130
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I want it all how much?
    I have a 13w6v2d2 to trade also
    And some dxi's
  • ipartywhenuhurt
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I really want them ::)))))))))))))))
  • kawizx9r
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I want it all how much?
    I have a 13w6v2d2 to trade also
    And some dxi's

The price is listed above, $650 plus shipping/handling for the SR6500+5250. The Polk SR104 is NOT included for the price.

And no thanks, I specifically want a 10" or smaller subwoofer. Need something that doesn't take much space in my truck underneath the rear seating.

D, calling you in a minute.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• kawizx9r
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sounds good, it'll be from a private number. My phones charging.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• kawizx9r
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I've got several PM's by people not even posting on this thread.

So I don't repeat myself, I would be interested in parting things however I'd prefer to sell the SR5250's first before I can let go of the 6500's at all. Also, the sub too is available and I can throw that in as a package deal.

SR6500, SR5250, and SR104 all together for $800+s/h to lower 48.

SR5250 (complete set with tweeters), $450 obo+s/h to lower 48.

If I just don't get what I'm asking, then I'll just install the SR5250's in my truck and keep the 6500's.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• ipartywhenuhurt
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ok random but realized i cannot pm with my droid x ::((( pm sent
  • kawizx9r
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Mark this as SOLD cause the SR components are gone (both 6500+5250).

No interest was shown for the SR104 so I'll either keep it (no amp or box for it :cry:) or sell it locally, or trade it here on the forum.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Dang, Freddy. They were like a pack of wild dogs on them speakers! lol

So how ya been? Long time no see.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • kawizx9r
    edited February 2012
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Time to change that Sig again...

Yep. It'll be awhile too before I have a 'quality' setup whether it be a 2ch at home or something good in the car.
    halo71 wrote: »
    Dang, Freddy. They were like a pack of wild dogs on them speakers! lol

So how ya been? Long time no see.

I know, how you been?

I'm just tying a bunch of loose ends out here for the next couple of months or so before I head over to TX.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• EndersShadow
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Good luck with everything Freddy and godspeed!
  • kawizx9r
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks!

You know, my threads always go off subject. :redface:
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This forum for some reason doesn't let me submit itrader feedback so I quess I'll say it here - kawizx9r is an excelent seller - communication was quick and to the point, items were shipped right away, and are in great condition. Packing job was pretty much insane lol - every piece was individually wrapped, packed boxed and labeled. Lots of packing peanuts, bubble wrap, boxes big and small - I mean literally I took me forever just to open everything up lol.

So yeah... great seller, great product, not sure why I can't actually rate this transaction on itrader.
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
  • erhylander
    erhylander Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    Options
    All, today I upgraded my Polk SR6500s to JL Audio Evolution ZR650-CSi -- spur of the moment decision given I replaced subs, amps, in-dash nav system in my '05 Armada a couple weeks back. As such, I have two sets of SR6500s for sale. Want to off-load them to whomever is interested, just request a reasonable offer. They are incredible but I wanted something different. Given that they are used, I don't have all the hardware to include the original boxes they came in. What you will get are the following: (4x) Tweeters, (4x) 6 1/2" woofers, and (2x) crossovers...that's it. I'm not sure what to price them at as they are used; let me know if anyone out there is interested. Thanks. erik
  • v_audi
    v_audi Posts: 6
    edited April 2012
    Options
    erhylander wrote: »
    All, today I upgraded my Polk SR6500s to JL Audio Evolution ZR650-CSi -- spur of the moment decision given I replaced subs, amps, in-dash nav system in my '05 Armada a couple weeks back. As such, I have two sets of SR6500s for sale. Want to off-load them to whomever is interested, just request a reasonable offer. They are incredible but I wanted something different. Given that they are used, I don't have all the hardware to include the original boxes they came in. What you will get are the following: (4x) Tweeters, (4x) 6 1/2" woofers, and (2x) crossovers...that's it. I'm not sure what to price them at as they are used; let me know if anyone out there is interested. Thanks. erik

Email sent.
  • ipartywhenuhurt
    edited April 2012
    Options

Am waiting for responce
  • chum lee
    chum lee Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    Options

Still have the Polks 4 sale? How many miles you got on those babys ? What kind of power where you sending 2 em ? I am interested.