New Thread #3: WHY ARE YOU LOYAL?

Micah Cohen
Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Are you loyal to any brands? Not just of electronics, but to anything. I only use Heinz Ketchup. I only use Q-Tips. (Not at the same time, of course.) Heinz is thicker and richer than Hunts. Faux Q-Tips tend to fall apart in your ear, which can't be good. I lean toward Panasonic and Toshiba because I feel like their build quality is a little better, and they have always backed up my purchases with excellent customer service (and I have a Panny VCR that is over 20 years old still working strong). I prefer Popeye's to KFC, mainly because KFC is just a Pepsi puppet and because Popeye's has "15 pieces for $9," and you can't beat that. What brands are you loyal to, and WHY?
ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    heinz ketchup, french's mustard. and always coke over pepsi...:D
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2002
    Clothes: Ralph Lauren & LL Bean, they are like Garanimals for adults: everything matches

Q-tips - accept no substitute, cheap brands fold all up
    Boar's Head Deli Mustard - just the right amount of horse radish
    Tide with Bleach - gets out all the stains
    Lowe's over Home Depot - I know where everything in Lowe's is
    Toshiba- never had a problem with anything that they made
    Bombay Saphirre Gin - again, nothing else comes close
    WalMart over KMart - Dustin Hoffman said it best: "KMart Sucks"
    skivvies- got to be FOTL, nothing else fits just right.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited March 2002
    nothing beats kraft cheese & macaroni (except homade)
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited March 2002
    Definatley loyal to:

Bojangles Chicken - KFC sucks, nice and spicy!
    Coke - Can't have a Jack and Pepsi, Pepsi has some chick or something, whatever...
    Guiness Stought - Damn good beer
    Sega - Best 'Developer' in the world, publisher, welll.....
    Target over Walmart - Walmart is all cheap crap that breaks in a week
    Illustrator over Freehand - Adobe, the second best evil empire
    PC over Mac - One button??? I like my start menu...
  • mjk91383
    mjk91383 Posts: 298
    edited March 2002
    it's church's chicken, for me!

joe :D
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited March 2002
    Dr. Pepper - because, I dunno, it's liquid crack
    Intel - Never ever had an issue with a Intel chipset/cpu
    Terratec - Creativitiy in electronics
    Polk - Bang for the buck, 'nuff said
    Swatch - Nobody comes close to style and functionality (that's why I have 20 of 'em!)
    Subaru - I love my WRX wagon!!!!

Just a small list :)

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited March 2002
    Popeye's, being that i live in south louisiana, it's required. "love that chicken from popeye's!"
    Heinz 57 ketchup
    French's mustard
    Dr. Pepper--cause i'm addicted
    D'Addario electric guitar strings, Martin SP acoustic guitar strings--they're all i ever use.
    Remington tires for my truck
    Pioneer car CD players

that's all i can think of for now.

-josh
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • mark g. nelson
    mark g. nelson Posts: 134
    edited March 2002
    The 3 P's.
    Polk, Pioneer Elite, Panasonic.
    Heinz - Always.
    Diet Coke - I'm Diabetic O.K. besides my Coke machine would quit with Pepsi inside
    Pioneer Premier Car Decks
    Subaru - Love my rock solid Subies.
    Castrol - For helping my subarus go forever.
    Toro Proline Lawn equiptment - Those Japanese engines last forever.
    Meguiars car care Products.
    Michelin tires.
    Chevron gasoline.
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited March 2002
    coke Coke COKE!!!!!

And I hate Pepsi, even more so because of Britany Spears. She is a pig, sorry to those who love her. Now that Christina....OUCH she's hot!

~JB
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2002
    Polk
    Chevy
    Popeyes
    Mt Dew
    Soundcontrol
    Marshall
    Gibson
    King
    Alesis

A quik jab on Fords: Chevy--Uses "Like a Rock" as a theme song. Ford--Has a new song that mimics "I'm a looser baby, so why don't you kill me". I'm serious. The song on their new commercial has the same riff as this late 90's song. Sorry, I don't remember the artists name.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • wodom1
    edited March 2002
    Beck sang "Loser" in the mid-90's.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
  • fabian1
    fabian1 Posts: 218
    edited March 2002
    Subway, you cannot beat thier meatball sandwiches, German TV,s, more so LOEWE, Polk Audio, Hey what can I say, My wife, Damm good women, I love her to death. Polk Audio, I just thought i would remind you. Harman Kardon DVD Player, sounds damm good, Heinze, everything, yummy, Polk Audio, Just thought I would remind you all again, MICAH DOES THAT MEAN I GET THAT POLK PEN I HAVE BEEN BEGGING FOR NOW, HOW MUCH MAJOR SUCKING DO I HAVE TO DO. IT WOULD BE THE ONLY ONE IN AUSTRALIA, DONT WORRY IF YOU ARE OUT OF STOCK, I WILL BE HAPPY TO TAKE YOUR POLK PEN, Kind Regards Fabian
    The Wonder From Downunder
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited March 2002
    You're cracking me up Fabian! I have an "Eosone" pen... I have a drawer full of those! (Remember Eosone?)

This is a great thread. I'm surprised at a lot of the choices. QUESTION: Why? Why do you choose a particular brand? Revisit your lists, pick something, and tell me what about it attracts you. You can't all just have these blind allegences. What makes you loyal?

MC

At least now I know what to serve and what not to serve when you all come over for dinner!
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • fabian1
    fabian1 Posts: 218
    edited March 2002
    Loyal, 1/ Good Quality, 2/ Good after sales service, 3/No **** marketing, a la Bose. Good quality does not need fancy adverts, Micah, I will be happy with your pen, regards Fabian:) :):)
    The Wonder From Downunder
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2002
    Polo and LL Bean....everything they make MATCHES. That means you can go out and not look like a registered sex offender with ZERO thought. shirt, pants...BOOM, out the door.

Man, how can you live life without good Gin?? There is nothing better than an Bombay Saphirre martini, extra dry. That is the stuff fellas.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • wodom1
    edited March 2002
    i stick with alot of the brands i've chosen either out of personal taste (food) or simply because i've had good experiences with them and know them to make a quality product that i can depend on. Polk is another one of those companies that i will stick with. i don't own any polk home speakers but after becoming a member of this forum, i plan on making Polk my home theater/music speakers of choice when i get the $$ to buy some. i came to this forum to register car speakers and now after meeting everyone here and hearing their stories about their Polks, i plan on purchasing my own someday. good enough answer micah?

-josh

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited March 2002
    Well, I choose Swatch because of the sweet designs that those crazy Swiss come up with. Along with the smooth lines and abstract materials, they have 100% functionality and can actually tell time, really well.

Plus, they made their own time! Swatch Internet Time! How many other watch companies can claim that???! It is truely an official time.

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    i guess it comes down to personal preference, overall performance & value and customer service...
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited March 2002
    Originally posted by TroyD
    Polo and LL Bean....everything they make MATCHES. That means you can go out and not look like a registered sex offender with ZERO thought. shirt, pants...BOOM, out the door.

Man, how can you live life without good Gin?? There is nothing better than an Bombay Saphirre martini, extra dry. That is the stuff fellas.

Troy

Yes, I can't imagine life without "RedBull Engergy Drink + Vodka".

Ahhhhhhhhh.... drunk......

~JB
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited March 2002
    I am loyal too:

My wife (Other wise it would be another Lorena Bobbitt story)
    My Kids

Everything else:
    Toshiba (DVD players, VCR's, TV's...I have all 3)
    Polk speakers (I am new to this but I know a good thing when I hear it.....Plus Bose screwed me and I ended up learning the hard way)
    Taco Bell (nothing better than a nacho cheese chalupa)
    Sony Vaio notebooks
    IBM desktop Computers
    My sectional sofa (great for parties)
    Dr Pepper
    Dream Theater (my favorite band)
    ps2 (gotta love gaming in 5.1 surround)
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited March 2002
    Polk--Duh

SiGARMS & Georgia Arms--They both go <b>BANG</b> every single time. When you least expect it, expect it!

Chevy--My family has always gone fast with Chevy. Besides, it's cheaper, just powerful and just as reliable as a Ford, so why pay twice the price?

New Balance running shoes--They can take many miles of my heavy **** running

SureFire flashlights--They are only expensive until you use and own one, trust me. Makes MAG lights look like matches on a windy day.

Tetley Tea--makes the best sweet tea around. For you Yankees out there in Polkland, sweet tea is only that when you add the sugar BEFORE you chill the tea. For you "Left" coast morons, Snapple and Nestea is poison, not tea.

Waffle House--Huddle House, Waffle King, and IHOP suck.

BreakFree CLP--cleans, lubricates, and protects in one step. Now, if they only made something similar for my...

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • raycomics
    raycomics Posts: 78
    edited March 2002
    SONY, SONY, SONY

Think back to every movie you saw that had Audio/Video Broadcast Equipment in some of its scences, and this name stands out!

HEINZ CATSUP! (nuff said)

Grilling Anything on my GEORGE FORMAN GRILL

JVC RECEIVERS (The old ones w/built-in 5 Band EQ - Still going strong after 25yrs. And I brought it used!)
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2002
    Ford Mustangs - I have three

Hunts Katchup

Frenchs Mustard

Levis Jeans

COKE - Nuff said

"Porsche, there is no substitute" (Joel Goodson) I've always wanted to use that line.

Converse shoes - all the way back to high top "Chucks"

M & M s (peanut)

Agatha Christie, Michael Crichton, Jules Verne and H.G. Wells - I have all of their books. The British Agatha Christie Mystery series is pretty good but most of the movies are weak and Crichton writes a great book but most of the movies are bad. The one exception is The Andromeda Strain. And as much as I like Jurassic Park the book was way better. The Eaters of The Dead is a GREAT book (My favorite) but the 13th Warrior is lame. Some of the Verne and Wells movies are ok for their time.

The Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffett, Jackson Browne, The Eagles, The Allman Brothers, Steely Dan and Stevie Ray Vaughan - I have ALL their albums (when these were recorded there were no CDs)

Spielberg and Lucas

And just recently......
    POLK
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2002
    I Forgot........

BOND.....JAMES BOND

bi_iris_icon.gif
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited March 2002
    polk
    hienz catsup
    yamaha
    frenchs mustrad
    shimano fishing reels
    sony
    panasonic
    pioneer
    aragon