Opinion on Acurus amps

Options
hoosier21
hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Does anyone here have Acurus amps? What do you think about them? Lot of good deals out there now. Thanks for your time.
Dodd - Battery Preamp
Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
Outlaw ICBM - crossover
Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• mark k. anderson
    mark k. anderson Posts: 18
    edited August 2001
    Options
    I demo'd a 200 wpc Acurus with a pair of Martin Logan speakers and the sound was beautiful. We listened to a wide variety of jazz and classical and were amazed at the clarity. I don't think you can go wrong buying this brand, even at full price.

mka
  • jim v.
    jim v. Posts: 25
    edited August 2001
    Options
    I had the pleasure of testing them out at a home a few years ago, I have to say they were underrated at the time, I have to say if you can get your hands on the 2 & 3 channel amps go for it, lots of good clean power, oh by the way at the time the speakers that were used were the polk signature series (the speakers with eight drivers and a tweeter on one speaker in conjunction with the dual 300 watt subs the whole system just sang
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited August 2001
    Options
    I heard the A200 amp hooked to Martin-Logan Aerius 1's at The Audio Outlet in Westchester (NY). Sounded great to me.