SR124 DVC box build

eloplayspoloeloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
edited March 2012 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Alright - well the design is now in progress for the new install and i am coming across some potential issues.

#1 i don think i will like the look of a stealthbox like install for the 12". It is simply too deep for that, at least i think.

#2 I really hate the idea of losing the spare tire, but i may have to.

The spare tire well is 27" W x 27" L x 11.5" D

I used a box designer last night and came up with a box 23" x 23" x 10" That gives me a volume of 1.25

If i went smaller and stuffed it with some poly, how much space can i cut down so that i still get those sub 30hz notes?

Box plan would be to build it 100% with MDF, and use the spare tire threads to secure the box from the inside, and drop the sub in.

My goal would be able to fit my MS-8 and the XR amps inside.

The XR amps are even smaller than the PDX, they are amazing! so im trying to figure out some box plans where i can fit it all in the well and have a very professional look.

Im thinking of going with some White LEDs as well.
2013 Toyota Prius
Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
(2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
Mosconi 6to8 v8
Post edited by eloplayspolo on

Comments

• pentoncmpentoncm Posts: 379
    edited March 2012
    Does the MS-8 have problems flattening out the bass response too much? I think I've read that in multiple places online that people had to go in with the EQ and fix it.

I know that .88 cu ft. that they originally recommended is way too small. 1.25 is the updated recommedned size before displacement so I wouldn't go much under that value. There isn't too much info under 30Hz in most music. Are you planning on listening to electronic music or a bunch of pipe organs?
    Audison Bit Ten
    Kenwood X595
    Polk MM6501
    Polk MM1240
    Mtx 704x
    Alpine MRX50
  • eloplayspoloeloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited March 2012
    I listen to freaking EVERYTHING, and when i say EVERYTHING i mean Song 1: Pinky Ring (wu-tang), Song 2: Andrea Bochelli, Song 3: girlfriend puts on some horrible country, Song 4: Folk music, Song 5: Skrillex.

About as random as can be, some of the music is DEEP.

I haven't installed the MS-8 yet or anything else for that matter, just started the build last night.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyM1Svh
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8