Time Line

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,136
edited April 2004 in Music & Movies
Alright! Now unlike Kill Bill, this movie was great.

Some boring parts, but very good action. Great well thought out plot (to me). I never guessed what the ending was even going to be, and what I guessed was more than off.

Much better than Kill Bill.....what a bad movie that was. But this was great, some bass scenes, not many. But, it had a great story, lil action, lil bit of everything. Worth a rent, if not a buy. Me Liked!

- Sid Da Kid
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I really hope I like this movie, but it seems to be a complete hit or miss when a Michael Crichton book is made into a movie. I try to keep my expectations low anymore, that way I'm not overly dissappointed.
    That said, if you liked the movie, read the book. Next to Airframe, Timeline was my favorite one by him.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,136
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I liked it --

Granted, it is NOT the best thing on earth, but compared to Kill Bill.....

It is the next grammy winner........
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • warviper
    warviper Posts: 585
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Sid you should read the book if you have not. The books not bad either.
    Wish I was a polkologist then I could call my self Dr.warviper.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I'm looking very forward to this blind purchase. I love time travel movies.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Well, both Linda and I really enjoyed it last night. Decent story line so as not to get bored. Some very nice cinematography and sets, acting was average but not near as bad as what I've read about. The hardest part to get past was Paul Walker, a copy cat act from Fast and the Furious. Other than that most everyone else did a decent job. I've seen much worse.

PQ on this disk is excellent as was the dd track. Good use of surrounds with some good solid bass (made for a few startling jump scenes).

I'll go against the grain and give it a 6.5/10.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Is there a reason for bashing Kill Bill in a completely unrelated thread about a completely unrelated movie!?
  • polktycoon
    polktycoon Posts: 35
    edited April 2004
    Options
    The book was much better than the movie. Some large parts were left out. The cast was also basically unknown. I was hoping for something longer, more detailed and better actors.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited April 2004
    Options
    dissapointing movie, imo...decent rental, but definitely not a purchase. I would give it a 5 of 10, for PQ and AQ. Weak story...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • drakan
    drakan Posts: 54
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Pretty boring IMO could have been much better ,not worth the buy
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Passing on this movie all around - I can't believe that Hollywood is even trying to promote this F & F guy. Give me a break........
    This plot has been done a thousand different ways already.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Rented it over the weekend. Thought it was almost good but never quite got there. Not going to buy this one. A few good bass hits in some of the battle/horse scenes. Heck enough said 5.5/10

RT1
  • movieguy
    movieguy Posts: 64
    edited April 2004
    Options
    very hum drum movie , just seems to have been done before, it's a renter
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Watched it over the weekend - I agree with Ron-P. Fair at best but has enough redeemable qualities to make it a decent watch.

This poses a question? What is the problem in putting Crichton's books on the big screen. I am a huge fan of his books...but most of the movie adaptions SUCK! Sphere, and Congo go down as two the worst movies I can recall. The Thirteenth Warrior, Disclosure, Rising Sun, Jurassic Park II (The Lost World) and now Timeline all fall into the fair at best category. The great Train Robbery, Terminal Man and Andromeda Strain were pretty good but they are all 25-30 years old. Some of his screenplays are decent like, Coma and Westworld. Jurassic Park is the best of the bunch but even it doesn't do justice to the book. (I give Speilberg credit for the quality of this one). For those that have read his books, maybe it is that they are so detailed and precise that taking that to the big screen just can't be done in a 2 hour movie.

Sorry for the rant...but I really enjoyed Timline the book and the movie just doesn't do it justice IMO.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson