edited April 2004 in Flea Market
Life without music would
Post edited by Pauly on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Dang. I would buy these in a heartbeat if the guy was willing to sell them. Dangit! $100? No problem. Anyone in New Orleans wanna pick em up and ship em out?
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Shizelbs

Man I've been waiting for a local sales of Monitor 7s or Monitor 10s for quite a few months now.

Would you be totally bummed out if I bought these for myself? I realize you saw them first though. I would think that shipping for these would be at least $30 / each box not to mention at least another $10 - $20 for the boxes/packing material.

I'm about 35 minutes out of New Orleans.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited April 2004
    Options
    man thats a nice polkie right there, hats off to u pj
  • pjdami
    edited April 2004
    Options
    man thats a nice polkie right there, hats off to u pj

Actually, Airplay, I was politely asking shizelbs if it was cool for me to buy them for myself.

Like I said I have been waiting for some of these to show up locally. I read about the horror stories of drivers "locking" up on the Monitor series when shipped so I have be somewhat cautious of buying any from far away that need to be shipped.

Frankly, I don't know what to do here. No one has purchased them yet and no telling when Shizelbs may answer. Packing and shipping these large and heavy speakers would not be an easy task I'm afraid; I'm also not sure if I would want to be the person responsible for shipping these due to the size, weight, and potential damage from the carrier, or driver "lockup."
  • Shizelbs
    edited April 2004
    Options
    PJ,

Tell you what, they are all yours. But heres what I ask in return. Post some pics, and nice little review. AND, if you ever sell them, maybe think of me first. :D

Seriously though, thanks for the offer. Very kind of you, and you didn't have to do it. You could have purchased them anyways. Bonus points to PJ
  • pjdami
    edited April 2004
    Options

thanks bro. I definitely owe you one. I just sent the seller an email asking if I can see the speakers tomorrow. he didn't post any real pictures but he says they are in "excellent" condition. "excellent" can mean a lot to different folks. but I realize the age of the speakers and will compensate for the age accordingly. As long as they aren't too beat up and all the drivers work then they are cool.

Yeah. You got first dibs on them if I get them and I don't like them. I'd sell them for the same price.

P
  • pjdami
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Didn't get a response from the person right away from the email. I decided to take my chances without seeing them and BIN so the auction has ended.

Looks like I'm going to be having some vintage Polks in the house finally.

****. I will post pics and a mini-review.
  • Shizelbs
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Congrats PJ. I would have done the same thing. $100 is a pretty good gamble on those Polks. Looking forward to the review. I hope you like them.
  • pjdami
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Thanks Spaz for posting this one for an easy eye catcher and **** for being a great fellow Polk member and letting me have the dibs.

I got in contact with the owner and will be picking them up on Tchoupitoulas St. (try to say that one..ha..) in a couple of hours. Amazingly, these are the same pair I saw in an audio shop a couple of years ago used for sale and he picked them up before I got a chance to. Small world isn't it?

I will post some pics later. He said they were in the rosewood finish and were in great shape except for a scratch on top.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Congrats Paul...

Remember, if you ever sell them, to give **** first right of refusal... ;)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Good Deal...Another happy polkie :)
    Life without music would