Initial LSi9 Speak

Steve@3dai
Steve@3dai Posts: 983
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Well, I got them in today. One pair of LSi9, one pair of LSiFX and one LSiC.

First of all. DAMN these things are heavy. One LSi9 is 32lbs. Whew, I had to get a dolly... I'm a computer geek, sue me.

Anyway, the fit and finish is great, but I wouldn't say "awe inspiring". I'll have a more detailed review on my site later.

But the soundstage is HUGE on these things, and frequency response is unbelievable. Makes your "pretty good" cd player sound kinda lackluster ;) dammit. hahaha

So, list of equipment:

Arcam A65 Plus 2 channel amp
Terratec m3po mp3/cd player (Micronas dacs dammit!)
Panasonic DVD player... it's pretty good.. dunno the model off hand
Sony Wega 13" ... HELL YEA BABEEE! Upgrading fairly soon.
Polk Audio LSi9

What I have, but not hooked up, until I get my Arcam AVR-200
LSi 9/C/FX
Arcam AVR-200
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Steve@3dai
    edited March 2002
    Pic
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited March 2002
    13" tv man, the set up you have will drown that tv. i know 1st hand..when i bought my first setup polk rt10's and a sub onkyo rcvr no surrounds or center all i had was a 13" tv/vcr combo i would watch a movie and ask my self what happened to my tv
    :p
    enjoy those new speaks
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • SPEAKER7
    SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
    edited March 2002
    Congrat's to you on your new Lsi's....

If your not in a hurry to set up the speakers....how about leaving them in the box and I'll give you my address and I can demo them for you and by that time you should have your big screen tv to match your HT system.

Just kidding!.... I sure don't mind owing a pair of Lsi's myself....except I will have to buy/upgrade to separate channel amps inorder to power them...I don't want my receiver to smoke.....just like the demo Aaron had a while ago.

dc.
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited March 2002
    While separates would be preferred, a good reciever should power them just fine. My Onkyo 777 had no problem with the LSi 9's that I demoed at home. I had them cranked for 2+ hours. Just make sure it's a reciever that can drive a lower ohm load well.

Shep
  • Steve@3dai
    edited March 2002
    Well, I am making sure I am checking if the amp is getting hot.

These aren't hard speakers to drive (88dB sensitivity) but have a "not average" ohm load. My A65 drives them quite loud with a measly 40W @ 8ohms. So it's actually only driving them more than likely at about 35W because of the different ohm load.

I am going to email Arcam and see what they say about using this system with thier 5.1 amp, the AVR-200.

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    congrats for being one of the first to have a complete LSi HT set-up on the block...:D ENJOY!
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited March 2002
    Enjoy your 9's man. I had a real hard time in deciding between the 9's and the 7's but the 7's won. (Just a personal preference) But I would highly recommend the LS series to anyone. Congrats and ENJOY!
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited March 2002
    This is a great thread. Make it long.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Steve@3dai
    edited March 2002
    I will try my best Micah :)

I've done some more listening on the 9s, and watched Kiss of the Dragon on them last night (in stereo, not 5.1).

Music is great as usual, they have done a little more breaking in as the bass isn't as heavy.

Movies are awesome on these speakers, man, it made Bridget Fonda look good (if that's possible).

For example, I listened to Paul Van Dyk's Forbidden Fruit (original version) and never noticed the woman breathing in the first of the track. Makes me want to listen to all my CDs again!

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • mjk91383
    mjk91383 Posts: 298
    edited March 2002
    hey steve, how much did it cost for the whole setup?

joe :D
  • Steve@3dai
    edited March 2002
    A lot ;)

MSRP is $2700 for the system I got.

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200