Who else owns multiple consoles?

AsSiMiLaTeD
AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
edited March 2012 in Video Games
I've owned a PS3 now for a few years but just purchased a 360 a few months ago. I've always preferred the 360 controller and thought about selling my PS3 when I bought the xbox, figuring I'd just go with the xbox for gaming going forward. I no longer use the PS3 for streaming or Blu Ray playback so figured it really has no use.

Well, I'm glad I didn't because today I got a good lesson in why it's good to have both consoles.

I bought LA Noire on xbox last week and spent some time playing it over the weekend (it's a very good game by the way, I love it). On the xbox it does have some framerate issues. It's not unplayable, but they can get distracting from time to time. I started looking around online and found that it's a common issue.

Come to find out, this game is actually better performing and better looking on the PS3 platform (wish I knew that before I ordered the 360 version), at least that's what I found online. So I decided to pick up a PS3 copy and ran a quick test run a few minutes ago and wow, what a difference! I'll leave the discussion of which one looks better up to the experts although I think both are better in certain aspects and not so much in others, but there's no arguing that this one runs smoother. Obviously there are other aspects like online play that come into the discussion as well, but no so much with this title.

The bottom line I guess is do your research before buying a game on a given console, and having the choice is nice and I'm now sold on owning two consoles.
Post edited by AsSiMiLaTeD on

Comments

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited February 2012
    Its nice to have 2 consoles and both of them have strengths. One great this is each console has its exclusive titles that make the machine worth owning
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited February 2012
    DSkip wrote: »
    I'm about to sell my 360. I haven't really played it in the last 18 months and only held on to it for the HD-DVD player. Now that I picked up an HD-XA1, the 360 really doesn't have a purpose. The F2P online aspect of PS3 has made the 360 obsolete in my house. Yeah, they have a better online system on the 360, but I don't care to spend the $ to play online.

Its only like $5 a month though? Plus you get extras and there is exclusive content that you will miss out on
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited February 2012
    I have two Xbox 360s and two PS3s, one for each room with a home theater system.

Only have one Wii though because even that one rarely gets used.

The PS3s and Xboxes I use multiple times a week.
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • magicka
    magicka Posts: 11
    edited February 2012
    I have a 360 that I use fairly often and a Wii that gets used for parties and drunken Mario Cart. I've been thinking about picking up a PS3, but I think I'd rather spend the money on a Kinect for the 360.

Edit: I also have what was a pretty high-end PC I built a few years ago for shooters.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2012
    Used to have a PS2, Xbox 360 and PC. Sold off the PS2 and Xbox as they can't compete graphic wise.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • PrazVT
    PrazVT Posts: 1,606
    edited February 2012
    Wii, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, PSP, PC..

Wii just kinda sits there unless I get the urge to play Super Mario Bros.
    PS2 gets some annual Guitar Hero love since the PS3 wireless guitars for the PS3 version suck. Also for any old Final Fantasy game replay.
    PS3 & Xbox 360 are mostly for offline exclusive games unless I get the COD obsession going again.
    PSP is for long trips only.
    PC for any high quality games available on PC (Assassin's Creed series, BF3, Mass Effect, etc.)
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited March 2012
    I have the old Xbox modded and the PS3 that's it neither gets much use these days
  • Stilly74
    Stilly74 Posts: 194
    edited March 2012
    360,ps3, and wii ( for the kids) 360 is by far the most used for online play. BF3
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited March 2012
    PS3, Old Xbox, Old PS2 and a Wii.

The PS3 and the Wii get the most play.
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited March 2012
    Picked up a Vita the other day.

So 2x 360s, 2x PS3, and a Wii. I also have 2x PS1, original Nintendo, SNES, N64, Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, and a PS2 in storage.

This is the first portable gaming platform I have owned since the OG Game Boy.
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection