Karma New Van Halen Cd up for grabs

gudnoyez
gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
edited February 2012 in The Clubhouse
Up for grabs is the new Van Halen Cd A Different Kind of Truth. I ended up getting two copies I preordered one and the Wife bought me the Deluxe Edition that one stays the non Deluxe edition is up for grabs. 100 post minimum
all you got to do is name the 3 songs from posted lyrics, these are all songs when David Lee Roth was the singer not the adult contemporary stuff they did with Sammy. It could also be a solo DLR song. the first two who get it right will have a chance of winning this CD I will draw a name from the two. Here goes.
#1. I live my life like theres no tommorrow (wait a minute to easy) I will start over

#1. Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didnt want it, no.

#2. Just remember when you follow through, when the over isnt planned ah yeah

#3. So were hittin the road and were pumpin thunder mama look out for down below

Good Luck
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
Post edited by gudnoyez on

Comments

• gudnoyez
    edited February 2012
    By the way the new Cd is pretty good dont let Tattoo fool ya. I would say it sounds like it could of been between Women and Children First and Fair warning. so name those 3 songs and the Cd could be yours
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited February 2012
    1. Light up The Sky
    2. The Full Bug
    3. Knucklebones (DLR solo)

Haha! First! 50/50 shot now!
  • mdaudioguy
    edited February 2012
    Wait a minute, won't it be easy to be second now? :redface::cheesygrin:
  • mdaudioguy
    edited February 2012
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    I would say it sounds like it could of been between Women and Children First and Fair warning.
    I wasn't interested until you said that ^^^^. Love those two albums. :twisted:
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,707
    edited February 2012
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Only if there are two people that actually want in. :biggrin:

Nice karma, it's the thought that counts.
  • gudnoyez
    edited February 2012
    Are you sure of yourself, Big Roth era fan are ya? I'am sure most of the Sammy fans are still trying to figure it out come on no other Roth era fans?
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited February 2012
    1. Light up The Sky
    2. The Full Bug
    3. Knucklebones (DLR solo)

Haha! First! 50/50 shot now!
    I agree., 2nd in
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    edited February 2012
    Love Van Halen!! But they only wish this album could be as good as Fair Warning (my favorite VH LP)....
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    edited February 2012
    Van Halen was a backyard band back in Arcadia/Monrovia Ca. They played at my wife's 18th Bday Party in Monrovia.

Yes we are over 50
  • gudnoyez
    edited February 2012
    Pretty easy I thought I would pick the more obscure songs off two of the VH albums that I listen the less of Skyscrapper however gets spined on ocassion did you guys now the Lyrics off hand, or was google used? The last Karma I did I just put the number of posts on 32 slips of paper put them in a stocking cap and picked a winner. I decided with only two choices a roll of the dice will decide the winner I rolled the dice #1 was mdaudioguy #2 being chumlie sorry fellas dont now your names. I rolled a #5 then a #3 the next roll was a #1 that means mdaudioguy won congrats pm me your address so I can get this off to you.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    edited February 2012
    By the way this is getting 4 and 5 stars reviews on amazon and I-tunes. I give it 4 stars I like it a lot still prefer Fair warning or women and children first but this one ranks up there with the debut, and little on the harder side.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• mdaudioguy
    edited February 2012
    PM sent... Thank you!
    Looking forward to hearing the whole album!

Ed :smile:
  • Jonn Wain
    Jonn Wain Posts: 41
    edited February 2012
    i guess this goes to show that you can't hardly give a new vh cd away:cheesygrin:
  • mdaudioguy
    edited February 2012
    Guess what was out in my mailbox today?? Thank you Steve! This album is a surprise! Much better than my expectations, which were admittedly low...
    Still haven't got through the whole thing yet, but it does sound like old Van Halen. Seriously, have they ever put out a bad album??

For some reason, I didn't check the mailbox yesterday... I could have been jamming to this all weekend!
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,707
    edited February 2012
    Seriously, have they ever put out a bad album??

Depends whether or not you can stand Sammy's "singing' I suppose. And then there's the album with Gary Cherone...

Glad this one's better.
  • mdaudioguy
    edited February 2012
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    Depends whether or not you can stand Sammy's "singing' I suppose. And then there's the album with Gary Cherone...

Glad this one's better.
    Ok, I like Sammy, but I forgot about Cherone! Ugh. But, when I typed that, I was thinking w/ DLR.
  • gudnoyez
    edited February 2012
    You are more than welcome Ed. I was suprised myself, and have actually listened to it several times. DLR Era was the only Era I liked, dont get me wrong I like Sammy in Montrose and his solo stuff just did not care for the watered down stuff Sammy did with VH. I like Gary with Extreme but not with VH, DLR is back and so are VH.

Steve
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• Toolfan66
    edited February 2012
    I listened to it once pulled it out and put in some Black Keys...
  • mdaudioguy
    edited February 2012
    I like The Black Keys, too, but they're very different...
  • Toolfan66
    edited February 2012
    I just popped in Fair Warning and there is no comparing the new album to this. Fair Warning is a dark jewel in the world of Rock n Roll..
  • mdaudioguy
    edited February 2012
    So, you don't think it's as good as your favorite, but does everything have to be better than what you might think is their best?
    I totally agree about Fair Warning. But, I NEVER expected VH to be able to produce something that sounds like it could fit right in with their efforts from the early 80s... 30 years later??? Gotta give some credit for that. I'm going to give it a few listens to and from work this week to see what I think of it after becoming more familiar with it.
  • Toolfan66
    edited February 2012
    No but listening to it gives me the feeling it's not all that of new material, more like songs that were pulled from the vault of proto type songs, one song even has riffs of mean street. I'm not saying its a bad album I'm just saying its a let's cash in album. It's highly rumored that the guys didn't even work together in the studio, Dave did his parts over what the rest of the band did in the studio.

I just wish this was a statement album of we're here and kicking **** and taking names sort of album. Maybe I just feel this was cause I am a long time fan of Van Halen with DLR as I am with Bon Scott and AC/DC. Hard to beat the classics I guess..
  • mdaudioguy
    edited February 2012
    Well, it's still a little blast from the past that definitely takes me back... Besides, I'm not even sure what a VH album should sound like in 2012...
    You're right about it being pulled from the vault... but is that really such a bad thing? I'll take what I can get. I mean, my tastes have changed since 1985, but this is kinda fun. I guess on this, my glass is half full and yours is half empty. TEHO

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jan/29/entertainment/la-ca-vanhalen-20120129/2
    "It's material that Eddie and I generated, literally, in 1975, 1976 and 1977," Roth said. "Usually fellas in our weight division will kind of gamely ? or ironically, wink, wink ? try to hail back to it [but] keep a safe, mature distance from it."
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited February 2012
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I just popped in Fair Warning and there is no comparing the new album to this. Fair Warning is a dark jewel in the world of Rock n Roll..

I so agree Toolfan66. Fair Warning is THE best VH album.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited February 2012
    Guess what was out in my mailbox today?? Thank you Steve! This album is a surprise! Much better than my expectations, which were admittedly low...
    Still haven't got through the whole thing yet, but it does sound like old Van Halen. Seriously, have they ever put out a bad album??

For some reason, I didn't check the mailbox yesterday... I could have been jamming to this all weekend!
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    You are more than welcome Ed. I was suprised myself, and have actually listened to it several times. DLR Era was the only Era I liked, dont get me wrong I like Sammy in Montrose and his solo stuff just did not care for the watered down stuff Sammy did with VH. I like Gary with Extreme but not with VH, DLR is back and so are VH.

Steve
    I never tought I'd even think of buying that album after listening to Tatoo. This thread is giving me second thoughts, does not have to beat their best, as long as it is decent and really represents VH, thinking about it, they are in their 50s!
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)