Amp options for LSI15. . . Help appreciated

blueboxer
blueboxer Posts: 621
edited January 2012 in Speakers
Took advantage of the clearance prices on the LSI series, decided to skip the paradigm sig project to focus on this setup. Narrowed down my options to a rotel 1095, wyred 4 sound mini, sunfire 5002 cinema grand, sun fire signature grand amp or a NAD 975. I love the warm powdery soft sound of NAD and have also demod the rotels with B&W speakers with pleasing results. However, the amp will be in a vented cabinet so running cool is a concern as well as getting the speakers sufficient power. Any feedback and experience is appreciated.
Post edited by blueboxer on

Comments

• blueboxer
    edited January 2012
    Yes, I did search and the need for plenty of power and four ohms is noted, but really looking for those who have heard the synergy between these speakers and specific amps. :)
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited January 2012
    blueboxer wrote: »
    Yes, I did search and the need for plenty of power and four ohms is noted, but really looking for those who have heard the synergy between these speakers and specific amps. :)

Well I know NooshinJohn ran a 450x5 on his LSi 15's and loved it. Personally I think the 200x5 is a good choice (I plan on running it with my 15's and LSiC) and it costs less. In addition the 200x5 is actually 450x5 @ 4 ohms so you've got more than enough power for your LSi's.

I haven't heard any of the other offerings so I wont comment on them, but I will say that your list is a very good one as all those brands are ones I have looked at myself for one thing or another.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • blueboxer
    edited January 2012
    The sunfire 200x5 sold so its down to the signature or wyred 4 sound at this point. There is a nice B&K, but for the slight price difference the others are in the lead with a dark horse arcam P7 lurking close behind.
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    edited January 2012
    *Subscribed*
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited January 2012
    blueboxer wrote: »
    The sunfire 200x5 sold so its down to the signature or wyred 4 sound at this point. There is a nice B&K, but for the slight price difference the others are in the lead with a dark horse arcam P7 lurking close behind.

Which one? The one here? If so here are two more than have been gone through recently to verify they are in working order:

http://www.carveraudio.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=104
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • blueboxer
    edited January 2012
    Just say that in another post, looking at the one for $800, seems a fair price to pay considering the one here is not fully functional. THe first one I saw was on the 'gon. Going to call and get a price on the signature as well later today. Will keep you guys posted, just hauled the LSi15's up the stairs, that sucked.