(sticky) anyone in my area willing to come out and help

Options
bullwinkle1968
bullwinkle1968 Posts: 142
i am looking for someone that lives in the area that is willing to come out to my home and help me figure out my setup and see what i am doing wrong. i am willing to offer some $ and some beer and food just to help for an hour or two to get me set up the correct way.

please message me if any one is intrested and within a 30 mile or so radius of me. i am in stering heights mi 19 mile and vandyke area.

thank you
Post edited by bullwinkle1968 on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2004
    Options
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Did you just try to make a 'sticky'?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Was wrong now ?

Florida sorry would love to help too far.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• bullwinkle1968
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by disneyjoe7
    Was wrong now ?

Florida sorry would love to help too far.
    most of you know me and i do not understand what i have done wrong.

i have upgraded my avr equipment to whatis listed below and i do believe i have it hooked it up correctly and i am still getting popping in my speakers and this is not really at loud volume this has happened a few times already while wacthing a movie or a tv show and thi is all done threw eithe digital or high def sig.

i have followed all directions and have hooke everything up to the best i can figure out. this popping seems to be happening during highs and a fe lows due to either explosions or gun shots or just plain loud action and i do not have this turned up past -25 to -30.

does anyone have any suggestions. if needed i will provide pictures of how everything is hooked up.

thank you
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Ok,

Question is do you have popping when nothing is playing? Like CD player when nothing is playing?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• bullwinkle1968
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by disneyjoe7
    Ok,

Question is do you have popping when nothing is playing? Like CD player when nothing is playing?

no it seems to be happening when i play movies threw my digital cable threw my receiver and also wen i play movie threw my dvd and once in a while while plaing the radio but it only seems to be happening during really high highs and really low lows but i do believe i have it all set up correctly the hk 7200 has tha smart sense built in where it set itself for best performance. and i don't think it is coming from my sub it is coming from my rti 150' or my csi 3 i do not have my surrounds hooked up yet becsue it call for climbing under my home and running new wire which i have not done yet. i just got some 12 gauge in the mail yeasterday from monster.
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Are these basically the same noises that you were getting with the previous receiver etc ?
  • bullwinkle1968
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by PolkWannabie
    Are these basically the same noises that you were getting with the previous receiver etc ?

with the previous reciever it happened when it was cranked all the way up and it also shut down.
  • PolkWannabie
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Okay what am I missing here ...

There seems to be NOTHING in common or at least nothing major ...

If I recall ( Correct me if I'm wrong ) ... this happened initially with a different receiver & different speakers.

It happens with both cable and DVD so it should be neither of those ... what does that leave that's the same between the before and after ? The interconnects ? The Speaker wire ? Anything else ?

Does your TV have audio capability by itself ? If so does the same thing happen if you play a DVD sending video and audio to the TV and listening to the TV's speakers ?
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Some thoughts

Can you make it happen? like rewind and play the same portion of the CD/DVD and get it to happen again? If so, I would lean towards the AVR has a problem, any chance you bought from a retail store that you can swap it out for a new one?

Is there any chance the noise is in from your AC outlet, does it happen when the frig turns on or off? the AC/Heating system of the house? turning off or on light?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • bullwinkle1968
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Okay what am I missing here ...

There seems to be NOTHING in common or at least nothing major ...

If I recall ( Correct me if I'm wrong ) ... this happened initially with a different receiver & different speakers.

It happens with both cable and DVD so it should be neither of those ... what does that leave that's the same between the before and after ? The interconnects ? The Speaker wire ? Anything else ?

Does your TV have audio capability by itself ? If so does the same thing happen if you play a DVD sending video and audio to the TV and listening to the TV's speakers ?

it does not happen when listening to regular tv and my interconnects are pretty much brand new with in a year or so and i have checkethem out to see if any of them are loose connection and none are the only ting i can think is my wire is not big enough so here later toda i am switching to 12 gauge monster thx certified other tan that the only thing i can thin of is soomething in the reciever is set wrong. and tring to figure this complicated reciever with all the setting on it is almost impossible.

i think i going to have to call HK and see what they have to say.
  • PolkWannabie
    edited April 2004
    Options
    When you say regular TV do you mean broadcast ?

Also see Hoosier's notes above ...
  • bullwinkle1968
    edited April 2004
    Options
    When you say regular TV do you mean broadcast ?

Also see Hoosier's notes above ...

cable tv(digital/highdef) no noise unless it isgoing hrew my reciever and only when i get high highs and low lows and no the ac outlet couldn't be it is seperate to my fuse panal from the rest of the house. the only thing that runs on the same circuit as my HT is my sons 19 inch tv and digital cable box which that is not on during the day casue they are in school and the tv is off and also i checked to make sure i am runnng currect current to this out let and i have a 20 amp breaker running to it.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited April 2004
    Options
    PM me your address and I'll do a Mapquest. We'll go from there.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I'll be interested to see what happens when you run that new speaker wire...
  • PolkWannabie
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I wouldn't think that was it unless the existing is torn up inside or badly attached at the terminals i.e. an errant strand and some arcing can produce all sorts of interesting results.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I wouldn't think that was it unless the existing is torn up inside or badly attached at the terminals i.e. an errant strand and some arcing can produce all sorts of interesting results.
    That's what I was thinking, maybe something wrong with the current cable like a short or badly connected...but then would that explain it only happening at certain levels...not sure...
  • bullwinkle1968
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Polkmaniac
    That's what I was thinking, maybe something wrong with the current cable like a short or badly connected...but then would that explain it only happening at certain levels...not sure...

what about since this is a new reciever and i am not quite sure of the absolute way to set it up that it may be a setting internally.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by bullwinkle1968
    what about since this is a new reciever and i am not quite sure of the absolute way to set it up that it may be a setting internally.
    I'll go out on a limb and say I don't think it's a setting anywhere...but I could be wrong...I just can't think of a setting on that receiver that would cause a popping sound...

One other question, does it do this while you turn the volume up or when it's just playing at a constant volume?
  • bullwinkle1968
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I'll go out on a limb and say I don't think it's a setting anywhere...but I could be wrong...I just can't think of a setting on that receiver that would cause a popping sound...

One other question, does it do this while you turn the volume up or when it's just playing at a constant volume?

constant setting. thenif i turn the volume down it goes away.
  • PolkWannabie
    edited April 2004
    Options
    PM,

Agreed regarding settings, the receiver is either good or bad, you can't set it to be bad ... Regarding the other, I suppose it's possible to have some loose strands of speaker wire that aren't really touching the wrong terminal but that are close enough to arc once in awhile. I suppose it's also possible to have interconnects that look fine on the outside but aren't fine on the inside.

BW,

See what Hoosier already posted and see if you can answer the question ... Can you MAKE it happen ... In other words if you play the same passage from a DVD does it happen at the same point in the playback all the time ? and/or can you make it happen by doing something else with the electricity light switches etc. ? and/or does it happen when something is going on in the house automatically ?
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I assume it's coming from the front speakers? Is it only these speakers?

Are you able to isolate which driver or tweeter it's coming from? IIs it coming from all of them, or just a tweeter, or a driver or what?
  • PolkWannabie
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I think he said above that he has no surrounds hooked up right now, but that he sometimes gets the same sounds through the center.

The more I think about this, the stranger it gets ... One would think that if it was one speaker where the problems are being heard then we're talking something in THAT channel ... i.e. bad receiver channel, bad amp channel, bad interconnect, bad speaker wire, bad speaker.

But in multiple channels ?! ... Especially with almost all new equipment ?
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2004
    Options
    getting popping in my speakers and this is not really at loud volume this has happened a few times already
    I'm willing to bet it's your AVR 7200. I had an older model HK receiver and experienced this same problem (among many others). Poping sounds coming from the speakers at random. This was, maybe still is, one of the many problems that plagued HK gear.

I'd be very surprised it is something other then your receiver. It sounds exactly like what mine did.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • bullwinkle1968
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I assume it's coming from the front speakers? Is it only these speakers?

Are you able to isolate which driver or tweeter it's coming from? IIs it coming from all of them, or just a tweeter, or a driver or what?

it seems like it is coming from all three speakers when the three are going and when it is jus the right and left it is coming from their also so it is not isolated to just one speaker.

I'll just hook up my new wire and see if it is still happening i am pushing alot of power threw 16 gauge wire at 15 fot lengths and the opertaing manul said 14 gauge if over 10 foot lengths. so let me hook up my new wire with the better turbine cut V clamp style crimped monster wire and see what happens there.
  • bullwinkle1968
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Ron-P
    I'm willing to bet it's your AVR 7200. I had an older model HK receiver and experienced this same problem (among many others). Poping sounds coming from the speakers at random. This was, maybe still is, one of the many problems that plagued HK gear.

I'd be very surprised it is something other then your receiver. It sounds exactly like what mine did.

so where you able to isolate the problem and have it fixed or are you still dealing with it or did you get rid of it.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2004
    Options
    You'll be unable to isolate and fix it. You'll have to send it in. This was one of many issues I had with mine and it was returned within a couple weeks and I swore of all HK gear from then on.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • bullwinkle1968
    edited April 2004
    Options
    ijust took several pics of how the set up is and the wireing and the new wireing i just put on so far it is not doing it but i would like to send the pics to someone so they can look at them i took like about 7-10 pics and i do not thin i would be able to post them here for everyone too look at if their is a way let me know. i guess i could just post one pic at a time.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited April 2004
    Options
    hnavaroli@alamosapcs.com

I'll do the best I can for you this afternoon.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • bullwinkle1968
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Ron-P
    You'll be unable to isolate and fix it. You'll have to send it in. This was one of many issues I had with mine and it was returned within a couple weeks and I swore of all HK gear from then on.

you would think if this was a known issue that HK would have seen too it that it didn't happen in the next production line and up. did they ever tell you what was wrong or what they had to replace.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Any news bull?

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***