Air-Compressors: Recommendations?

Options
2»

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I bought a porter cable pancake compressor with 1 small brad and 1 slightly bigger finishing nailer gun all for 278.00 maybe?
    http://www.portercable.com/index.asp?e=547&p=4842

It was at HD, works great, but I wonder if would work on a paint gun? I was using it with an air nozzle to blow out some trash and it was working hard to keep up? Sorry bunch of worthless info there.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2004
    Options
    It won't work with a spray gun. Minimum is 15 gallon, recommended is 20+. The main reason I'm on this quest. I want one that will work with light to medium duty spray painting projects.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Ron-P
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Last night ended my search. I went to Sears and they had a nice 25gal 6hp oil-less, ran nice and quiet as well. It was $379. Seeing this got me thinking...

I remembered, Home Depot had a 26gal, 5hp oil-lubed Husky for $368. With my 10% off, that'll bring it down to $331. It's a bit bigger then I'd like, but it'll run just about every tool I could throw at it, and being oiled, it should be the only compressor I'll ever buy.
    If...
  • Ron-P
    edited April 2004
    Options
    ...and here's a pic of the beast. I was wrong about the CFM's, this is 6.6, a bit better then what I was quoting at 5.2. Secondly, HD is offering a $40 rebate as well which brings the price down to $292. Not bad considering I almost bought a 17gal oil-less for $200.
    If...
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Let me know how well this works with the spray gun, I'm thinking about getting one myself. I would also use it for a grinder, do you think that model would be big enough to handle a high speed grinder for moderate amounts of time?

~JB
  • Ron-P
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Will do Justin. I bought a gravity feed gun yesterday, now all I need is an air filter and hopefully, I get to spary this weekend to try it out.

As for tools, it'll run just about anything you throw at it. I have to hit HD and exchange my hose, bought a 25' and I need a 50'. While I'm there, I'll get the list of tools it can run. I'm almost 100% sure grinders were listed.
    If...