NAD 1130 Pre-Amp(Phono) - USED 7/10

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,576
edited April 2004 in Flea Market
I am upgrading the computer rig, so the NAD gear is being sold. This is a fantastic pre-amp, and includes a discrete phono stage that is well sought after by NAD fans. I rate it 7/10, because of a couple small scratches on the face, near the power indicator. It is great condition, but that's how Audiogon would rate it.

NAD 1130 Pre-Amplifier (1987-1989) -

Tone Controls(Bass/Treble)
Bass EQ
Defeat
Mono
Tape Monitor
Loudness Contour
Headphone Output
Inputs(CD/Phono/Tuner/Tape)

I am including a real nice reproduction NAD Service Manual that I picked up from www.vintagemanuals.com It isn't really serviceable per se, but the manual has schematics, parts listings and other cool information. I do not have the original box, or manual....but I have printed out the PDF file for the owners manual, which is included.

$90 including shipping anwhere in CONUS. Shipping will be via UPS, and packed to be bulletproof.
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• dorokusai
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Manual/PDF
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Ive been buying gear left and right lately.. please make me stop!! I'm broke, lol.... until deals like these come up.. i need a pre-amp for my new adcom amp from trey, for the bedroom rig.. ah well gotta pay that off first.. I would be interested though, hehe
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2004
    Options
    :D I feel your pain....and it feels GOOOOOOD
  • faster100
    edited March 2004
    Options
    sent a PM to you
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Back at ya'
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Great preamp here fellas. I originally owned it before Mark, and regretted seeing it go.

100% cave worthy, anyone looking to setup a 2ch rig, this is a GREAT place to start.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • faster100
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Cool, am thinking hard...
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • faster100
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Im out on this one... gotta get caught up on other stuff.. Thanks anyways...
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2004
    Options
    OK, thanks for your interest Cliff :)
  • Underclocked
    Underclocked Posts: 54
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Preamp looks mint. I have to wonder what other NAD gear you might be letting go?
    Whut?
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2004
    Options
    UC - Thanks for the compliment :) It isn't MINT, but it's in excellent shape. I rated it per Audiogon's scale, since that is my benchmark for resale. I have already moved the other NAD gear, and this is the last piece.

It is by far my favorite rig, as I spend quite a bit of time in front of this damn computer :D I just picked up a Cambridge Audio integrated, so I am expecting some coolness to replace it.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2004
    Options
    If it only had a remote....
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2004
    Options
    How about a make believe hand that turns the volume up and down? :D

I feel the same way Shack, as the new one is remote...BUT I never needed a remote for the old application, as it was right in front of me.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I could use a nice preamp...I don't think my friend is going to sell me the Cambridge Audio C500 I've been borrowing. It is very nice and has a remote, so I'm spoiled. Besides...If I'm going to the trouble to own a 5 disc changer so I don't have to get up and down to change discs...I certainly don't want to have to get my lazy **** off the couch to change the volume because of the difference in sound levels from CD to CD :D .
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I'm suprised no one has jumped on this.

1. It's NAD
    B. It works
    4. It's not beat to hell and back
    D. It's less than a Franklin SHIPPED (from a reputable guy at that)

Seems like a no-brainer to me, no?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Well, you know, it's not Dolby Digital 87.1 with a ton of bells and whistles........I mean, it's 2ch, how good could THAT be? ;)

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2004
    Options
    I was thinking about spray painting it neon green, that way it would be trendy looking....NAD 1130 "Andy Warhol" Edition
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Perhaps as an alternative to the neon green paint, you could replace the green LED with a BLUE one.....
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Jcaut - LOL That sounds good, hell before you know it, this thing will actually be cool :D
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Doro,

I will buy it.

RT1
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2004
    Options
    RT1 - Sounds good, email me. Thank you for your patronage, and for shopping at Crazy Doro's :)
  • reeltrouble1
    edited April 2004
    Options
    :D Thank you, the funds are on the way, should reach you in 2-3 days please let me know if not.

RT1:cool:
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2004
    Options
    No problem, I will get it shipped for you on Monday either way.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Mark,

I assume that you told him about '**** LIPS' being spraypainted on the top, right?

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Nah, I recently sandblasted that off, and then welded a new piece of steel on top....washed it in the tub, and now it's beeeeyuteaful.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Doro,

The NAD arrived in great condition. Packaging was fantastic you should give lessons. Thanks for the great deal on the pre it is a nice little piece gear.

RT1
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2004
    Options
    It was my pleasure, thanks for picking it up. I packed it like it was being shipped through Iraq :D