Rear and front speakers

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited March 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
i have a 2001 dodge intrepid. i was looking atthe db 690 series, is the pair only for rear speakers?

if the db 690 is for rear speakers, can i install it for front(door) speakers also?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2004
    Options
    dodge uses 6x9's in the front in a lot of their vehicles.... why? i dunno... "dodge...different" - go figure... anyway, no they're not just rear speakers, you can use them anywhere in the car... 6x9's often give u a little more OOMPH to bass when placed up front and crossed over properly... so its not a bad thing dude.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2004
    Options
    id rather put a 6.5 component system in the front
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I have a theory as to why Dodge sticks 6x9s in the front. It keeps the bass up front more rather than in back which is ideally where you would want it. I have Momo 6x9s in my front doors and an MTX 8 in the back and most of the bass is up front with me instead of coming from the back. Of course it also helps that I have my rear speaker turned down so low as to not even have them.

Also Id like to 2nd the use of components rather than coaxials up front. Much better imaging and stage.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D