Garmin Map Updater

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,576
edited November 2011 in The Clubhouse
SOmeone from here sent me the 2011 map update for Garmin but I don't know how to use it or get it loaded on my unit. Anyone know how to do this?
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I bought the lifetime map update subscription when I bought mine and I plug the unit into the computer and it downloads the newest updates after signing onto Garmins web but dam if it dosen't take about 7-8 sometimes 9hrs. So I do it when I go to bed and it usually is done by morning or just shortly afterwards. I would assume you would have to plug the unit into the computer with the cable it came with and run the update, it probably (hopefully) wont take as long as mine. pretty easy from thier site but really slow.

Dave
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well, I plugged it into the computer and it downloaded the normal updates but I don't think it was a map update.

Sherardp - Was it you that sent me that disc?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dave shepard
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I bought the lifetime map update subscription when I bought mine and I plug the unit into the computer and it automaticly downloads the newest updates after signing onto Garmins web but dam if it dosen't take about 7-8 sometimes 9hrs. So I do it when I go to bed and it usually is done by morning or just shortly afterwards. I would assume it would be the same you would have to plug the unit into the computer with the cable it came with and instead of signing into their site you would just run the update, it probably (hopefully) wont take as long as mine. pretty easy from thier site but really slow.

Dave
  • dave shepard
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It might have been a map I haven't seen much differance until I use the unit and when going to a known place it changed the way to get there sometimes totaly different from before. Usally really close the only problem I have seen is going to the Pittsburgh Air port from my house the exits are all wrong 3/4 of the way down the 60 toll road (which is a real life joke). Pa changed the route from the real life North and South direction and said you are now driving East and West.

Dave