Just met Tour2ma

Options
Wardsweb
Wardsweb Posts: 905
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Tour2ma and his lovely wife just left my house. They were in town to pick up some gear and stopped in for a quick audio session. I must say you meet the nicest people online.

Tour2ma, it was a pleasure to finally meet ya'll (Texan for you guys). I had fun showing you some of my toys and talking "shop". It really is a small world where two audio obsessive guys can meet online and be within driving distance. You will have to come by again, when you have more time.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,850
    edited March 2004
    Options
    "Just met Tour2ma"

I feel sorry for ya Luther. ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2004
    Options
    That's great, hope you guys had fun. You didn't let him touch the volume knob, right?

Ok, so be honest here - Is he a dead ringer for Al Borland, or what?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Wardsweb
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Now that you mention it, I was wondering why I thought we had met before. Didn't pay much attention though, as I was to busy looking at his wife. :rolleyes: :D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Yea, Bruce is a real cool guy in person. I really enjoyed meeting him :D

Obsessive?! I can attest to him being motivated, as we were ready to pass out at the Texas Polkfest, at 3AM, and Bruce was STILL playing around with setups....whew....he is hardcore :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I hear there are support groups. Maybe even a 12 step program.:D
    Make it Funky! :)
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Great to meet you and your better half as well, WW. Still can't believe you two are grandparents.

Thanks for making the time to give a tour of audioland. From the EV's through the ML's all was enjoyed. Even got to feel what the Nemo glass tap is really like.

And don't listen to Russ... I can be trusted with a volume knob. Now interconnects, an entirely different story...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Glass tap, that's a HOOT isn't it?

Luther's HT rig defines the meaning of DEEP, ARTICULATE bass, doesn't he? Make an SVS owner go home crying to mama.

Can't wait to get MY dual 18's going.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Make an SVS owner go home crying to mama.

Cheers,
    Russ

hehe!!! :D :rolleyes:
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN

Can't wait to get MY dual 18's going.

Cheers,
    Russ

I'd like to suggest a test for the Doc is in order.
    H
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Wardsweb
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Tour2ma you will have to make it back over as I've changed the attenuation on my pre in the living room and now have the sound back to what it should have been when you were here. What was a little muddy or lack of high end crispness is back. To bad I didn't do this before you arrived. Anyway, good reason for you to stop back by when you're in town.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2004
    Options
    That's a deal... Do I have to bring my wife? :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Wardsweb
    edited March 2004
    Options
    On second thought, send your wife and she can tell you about it. :eek: :rolleyes: :D

JUST JOKING !!! Anyway I'm sure she hears enough about audio without having to drive to San Antonio to hear more. :)