Options
13»

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,906
    edited October 2011
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Thats my point people take pride in doing things themself's just like you or me, its the ones that are capable of such things, and think they are better than others, just because they are capable of such tasks does not make them professionals and gives them no reason to stick thier noses up in the air dawn the dinner jacket and sip the finest congac, and look at others as common folk, thats whats laughable.

I am a professional at everything I do and have no problems at learning new things I also have the tools to do many things, I also have no problems at helping others out that may need it or just don't have the skills to do it if I can, also something else that makes me a professional at what I do. I find your post not only laughable but sad, I think you need to learn the difference between confidence and just down right cocky, I know of nobody here that is just down right cocky because they have the skills to do something that others do not..

You my friend need to grow-up a little as you sound a little jealous more then anything..:rolleyes:
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I am a professional at everything I do and have no problems at learning new things I also have the tools to do many things, I also have no problems at helping others out that may need it or just don't have the skills to do it if I can, also something else that makes me a professional at what I do. I find your post not only laughable but sad, I think you need to learn the difference between confidence and just down right cocky, I know of nobody here that is just down right cocky because they have the skills to do something that others do not..

You my friend need to grow-up a little as you sound a little jealous more then anything..:rolleyes:

Get over yourself, a professional maybe you are at least you think you are and that's what counts, a audiophile there you go again, you probably think you are one and that's what counts. I bet you are pretty impressed with yourself, that's what counts how many are impressed with your vast knowledge, probably not many. I guess the typical stereo type of audophile is the catagorey you fall under, at least you were able to figure out if it was a left channel or not that almost cost you from enjoying the Lion King. Impressive:rolleyes:
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Toolfan66
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I have never said or claimed I was an audiophile thats something your saying of the bitterness you hold. For the record I am impressed at what I do and I am not talking audio crap I am talking about being a father a friend and the work I do everyday. my hobby is not the most important thing in my life I have skills in other areas as I am sure you do as well but right now the only skills you show is what an **** you are, well at least your good at something!!!

You sound like a woman with daddy issues, Prayers sent your way..:cheesygrin:
  • gudnoyez
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I believe this post was about crazy Audiophiles. I demoed one of the new pioneer Receivers a week ago and the salesman had asked me what I had for speakers. I told him Polk Rti 5's 3's matching center and sub, he somewhat scoffed at my polk's telling me they are average but with some modifications they would be ok, he claimed they are to bright and showed me some energy's and some Focal's, I left the store a little upset and thought to my self typical Audiophile, thats why I posted with a few stereo types, sorry if you felt targeted by that post. Remember it's not always about you, perhaps that's why you posted with your remarks, Spew your Venom elsewhere pal and remember its not always about you. :cheesygrin:
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• Toolfan66
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Maybe you need to read what you posted, You targeted almost everyone that post here with DIY skills and has done all the hard work in not only audio but the work they do in their homes or at work. IMO your post was uncalled for in many ways. I am not taking this about me but for all the guys that bust their **** everyday to do the things they enjoy, and having some douch bag come in here and post the **** you did is BS!! Why don't you post your DIY'ers?? I'm telling you your post is telling all the DIY selfers they really have no skills and are not professionals.. I built a deck this summer my design my hard work nobody did a layout for me and nobody helped me.. I am good at DIY sorry that bothers you.. Like I said you sound jealous more then anything, not our fault you have no skills and by the way putting down others that do is not having a skill..

So since I don't build decks for a living according to your post I'm not a professional at what I do??

Your post is one of the most pathetic I have ever read..
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2011
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Thats my point people take pride in doing things themself's just like you or me, its the ones that are capable of such things, and think they are better than others, just because they are capable of such tasks does not make them professionals and gives them no reason to stick thier noses up in the air dawn the dinner jacket and sip the finest congac, and look at others as common folk, thats whats laughable.
    21631.jpg
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • evhudsons
    evhudsons Posts: 1,175
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It's not just about doing your own work for pride it's more do your own work because it's done right. Who cares more about your stuff than you, so why entrust someone else who wouldn't do as good a job? Yes I do take pride in what I have done as DIY. I'm not too proud to show that I have received help in making sure it's done right which is why I chose to give credit to another forum member in my signature. I like the finer things in life but that doesnt make any of us a snob. You shouldn't compare us to some retail sales clerk you didn't like. That guys job is to get you to get rid of your stuff to buy stuff from him.
    Maybe I got your posts wrong, I'm not fully sure what point you were making. I'm not offended but there is enough in your posts to give reason for offense.
    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • gudnoyez
    edited October 2011
    Options
    By posting #59 my intentions was not to make fun of the diy'ers here at the forum as we all have the do it yourself in all of us but to poke fun of crazy audiophile guy,which we all may have encountered. I chose a few stereo types to compare them to the crazy audiophile guy, such as modified my speakers guy, he is the guy you know that modified his speakers and insists hissounds better than youurs and offers to mod yours so they soun as good as his. I.T. guy is in charge of the computer programs where you work and cant get over the fact that they switched to Oracle , and he is now burdoned by having to help people out , god forbid you make the mistake of asking him a pc question. Deck guy is the neighbor who shelled out big bucks for his trex system, had to borrow your miter saw, took forever to return it then scoffs at your decking project because you are using treated lumber and he keeps telling you he would of done it this way, last but not least carb rebuild guy the neighborhood mechanic that feels insulted because you did not offer to pay him to rebuild your Carb and chose to do it yourself. I should of explained that more in my post and was not talking about fellow foroum members, to bad one member tool the post wrong and blew it out of proportion! cheers everyone
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'm better then both of you at everything, so take that. Except the Father part as I don't have any children... Wait, I do have a dog so that counts (cause I said so) so I guess I'm still the best.

Dave
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Actually you are both are on your way to becomming Audiophiles cause the argument is getting crazy :biggrin:.

Dave
  • Toolfan66
    edited October 2011
    Options