LSiM707 or LSiM705?

Options
Unknown
edited September 2011 in Forum Testing Area
Anyone here has the LSiM707 or the LSiM705...will be upgrading soon and may go this line of Polks..Also looking into B&W.Any input would be great.Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I've not heard a production model of the new Polk, just the prototype that was at PF last year. Very nice sounding speaker, and beautiful to boot. However.....if you're talking about the B&W 800D, well I'd take the 800D. Unless I have to pay for it.

My point is, to which model B&W are you comparing?
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2011
    Options
    CM9's..Yes the LSiM's are really nice looking speaker...I was thinking how they would sound with the 6x9 woofers..The B&W CM9 looks great too...My Polk Monitor 70's are very musical.Just was wondering if i would gain really that much going with a high end line of speaker.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,953
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Depending on the gear you would be using my guess is it would be a huge upgrade!!
  • Systems
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Thanks Toolforlifeman...I really like the look's of the LSiM707..They are my first choice..I will step up to the H/K 7550 and use my mono block for them..let the H/K drive the surround's...I just don't know enought about Pre/Processor's..My H/K2600 does not have pre amp outs.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ctank wrote: »
    Anyone here has the LSiM707 or the LSiM705...will be upgrading soon and may go this line of Polks..Also looking into B&W.Any input would be great.Thanks.

I have both, what do you want to know?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I agree with Larry, with good equipment, you should hear substantial improvements going from the M70 to the LSiM707. Entirely different categories of speakers.

I'm not clear what mono-blocks you have, but if they're decent you should be very pleased.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,953
    edited July 2011
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I have both, what do you want to know?

Assless chaps do come with benefits??:eek:

:biggrin:
  • Systems
    edited July 2011
    Options
    @dorokusai..you have both?..nice..anyways how are they with the 6x9 woofer's?..are they..how can i put this..my first choice is for music then HT..are they a robust sounding speaker?..going from my M70's with the cascade tapered crossover to a 3way will make a big difference?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited July 2011
    Options
    @Big Dawg..Thanks...
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ctank wrote: »
    @dorokusai..you have both?..nice..anyways how are they with the 6x9 woofer's?..are they..how can i put this..my first choice is for music then HT..are they a robust sounding speaker?..going from my M70's with the cascade tapered crossover to a 3way will make a big difference?

Absolutely. They are in a totally different league Tank and will make the M70's look like a Fisher Price, childrens speaker.

Musically they're very tight, accurate and not laid back like the previous edition. That doesn't mean they are bright as I think the balance is perfect now. Bass response is solid, classic Polk in the midrange and top end bass freq's blend nicely. They dig deeper than the spec's would lead you as well. All speakers go lower than rated, it just depends on how loud they are at those frequencies.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited July 2011
    Options
    assless chaps do come with benefits??:eek:

:biggrin:

lmfao!!!!
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • Systems
    edited July 2011
    Options
    brgman wrote: »
    lmfao!!!!
    ..must be an inside joke?..lol..:biggrin:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited August 2011
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Absolutely. They are in a totally different league Tank and will make the M70's look like a Fisher Price, childrens speaker.

Musically they're very tight, accurate and not laid back like the previous edition. That doesn't mean they are bright as I think the balance is perfect now. Bass response is solid, classic Polk in the midrange and top end bass freq's blend nicely. They dig deeper than the spec's would lead you as well. All speakers go lower than rated, it just depends on how loud they are at those frequencies.
    ...Mid (highend) speaker then? as for the look and build quality in as the way they would look in a side by side comparision?..
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Is the 703 in consideration at all? You could run a set of 703s with a killer sub for the less than a 705 or 707 pair ($1.5k + sub vs. $3k or $4k, respectively), plus I felt they had a more visceral midbass impact than the 707s in the first place. Did I mention they would be easier to drive too? I have a feeling you have the hardware to push a tower without breaking a sweat if youre considering B&Ws, but it's worth noting.
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You've been reported x 3!
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)