Two Channel Heaven

Options
Cayuga
Cayuga Posts: 480
edited September 2011 in 2 Channel Audio
I think for me I'm as close to two channel heaven that I will ever come. I bought a large collection this weekend that should fill most rooms in my house with sweet music. Please see attached pictures and share with me my joy.

SPEAKERS: KLH Model 9 and AR 3A
ELECTRONICS: Crown DC-300, Dynaco MK-3 (2), McIntosh MC-75 (2), Sherwood 7000, Dynaco Pas-2, Conrad Johnson PV-2
Post edited by Cayuga on

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wow. That is a nice collection of gear.

Should make for a lot of good listening.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Cayuga
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If I had more money, I would have bought more of this guys collection. He has everything under the sun.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Congrats! Very nice score.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Oldfatdogs
    Oldfatdogs Posts: 1,874
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Very nice set up,you must have the karma gods looking out for you.Dan
  • Cayuga
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I don't know what or how this good karma came my, but I've had some great luck between this collection the Tannoy's and the Thorens.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Nice score... have fun
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited September 2011
    Options
    oh yea, Tubes Rule...nice, nothing like having great gear waiting just for you to come and turn it on...and then have it turn you on.

RT1
  • Cayuga
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the nice response.
  • Cayuga
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Any thoughts about the Mac's vs the Dynaco MK3's from sound standpoint?
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Cayuga wrote: »
    If I had more money, I would have bought more of this guys collection. He has everything under the sun.

What else does he have? Someones personal collection I'm guessing?

Dave
  • cubdog
    cubdog Posts: 835
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wow!

cubdog
    Shuguang Classic S8MK
    Emotiva XDA-2
    Bel Canto M300 mono blocks
    Bel Canto DAC 1.5
    Squeezebox Touch
    Sony SS-M7
    A/D/S L710
  • Cayuga
    edited September 2011
    Options
    He has a ton of stuff, AR3A's, JBL 8's, Acoustats, AR receiver, several solid state pre's, Fisher 800C, and on and on
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That's pretty impressive. A guy about about 100 miles south of me up here has a set of KLH 9s on CL for 975. They look like they're in excellent condition and he still listens to them. I am not actually looking at these...don't have a grand to drop. But we've e-mailed back and forth a bit and he's an interesting fellow. Has some other nice stuff as well...all of it above my price point. lol

You got some great deals there. I'd love to get my ears on some KLH 9s just to hear them, period.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • wayne3burk
    wayne3burk Posts: 939
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You got some great deals there. I'd love to get my ears on some KLH 9s just to hear them, period.

+1 on that. I bet they sound good pushed with either the macs or the Dynacos.

You should give us a full KLH9 review after you've listened to them :)
    Yamaha RX-V2700, EMI 711As (front), RCA K-16 (rear), Magnavox Console (Center & TV Stand), Sony SMP-N200 media streamer, Dual 1249 TT =--- Sharp Aquas 60" LCD tellie
  • Cayuga
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The 9's are set up and playing as I write this, they are by far the most detailed speakers I have heard. They do need a little power, I've got the on an old 80/ch receiver for now.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Nice score! Good luck with your new gear!:biggrin:
    Carl

• Cayuga
    edited September 2011
    Options
    As strange as it sounds the 9's sound better with solid state gear, I grabbed the Crown 300 for plenty of head room. I'm going to give the AR 3's a go with the Dynaco's and the Mac. I'll try the tubes with the 9's, I've read that they love some power so we'll see what works best.
  • Cayuga
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm not trying to be a jerk or show-off, but with the changes in the site, I'm not sure club members got to see this collection that came out of one house. I want people to see this because if you keep your eyes open and do a little hunting, you can get yourself some nice gear without spending the nest-egg.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Love the pics - it's nice to see beautiful gear I've never seen before. Thank you for sharing.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• Cayuga
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Like I said, keep your eyes open I'll bet the same gear is in your back yard.