Male and Female cookies......

Options

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I've seen over the years the little person, the cast out person, the person who just isn't pretty or thinner than the rest or smarter than the majority..

Have aquired HUGE POWER in this country.

The excuse makers that have perfected their reasons for being inefficient have taken over corporations and small companies and offices too.

Just a simple observation of personal and heard about stories.

To the OP,
    My wifes company has gotten so big that the majority has no say so. Only the lonely individual.

And most of the time, I'm sure the person or persons making rules has chips of jelousy and envy against the whole world for their pain and suffering of the jokes/comments or belittlement in schools growing up.

Oh he has such BIG ears kind of comments. He gets power later in life through working hard but will never forget people telling him where he fits in society as far as ear size goes. mistreatment...?? bullying??.
    Along comes a guy with perfect ears wanting a well earned promotion.... The interviewer is big ears... You all can guess the out come.

The country/world has been trying to spread the phrase...You are what you are and your beautiful nomatter what. Love yourself, your beautiful even though you have a leg growing out of your side.
    ( Personal connection sort-of to above remark so no comments I shouldn't have said that.:wink:)

Heck, my sister in law HATES 99% of men because her husband belittled her in the early stages of their marraige. Now she belittles him.. Plain as day but now it's ok in her mind to do it to him.

Back on topic,
    Sex in the somewhat larger workplaces in any form isn't tolerated anymore UNLESS it's touched on by the owners or major money makers.Like Jstas mentioned earlier, could be HR hinting in a way to leave sexual inuendoe's checked at the door as you walk in. You know now and it will be a little less fun place to work. Sorry you were the one they decided to make an example of. I've been there in many ways!!!
    Hold your head up and bake some more sometime and mix those ....sorry , you can't, just put posts on again that says..

Caution;
    HAS NUTS .............the other..PLAIN
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited September 2011
    Options
    With and without nuts...

Did someone already say that and i missed it?
  • Tony M
    edited September 2011
    Options
    With and without nuts...

Did someone already say that and i missed it?

I used PLAIN

you missed that.:wink:

Bakeries I think use PLAIN on their labels.........so to please his soooooo sensitive HR.... He would be bakery correct.:tongue::biggrin:
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Did I miss it or am I the only one who wants to know what kind of cookies they were :smile: ?
    I know that this thread has slid off course alittle at one time but really Brett is good in my book and some things really don't need to be discussed or rehashed.

Dave
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2011
    Options
    they were oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with (and without) walnuts.

chocolate chips were the big Guittard chips (none of that semi-sweet BS here) and a little cinnamon for some mild flavor......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • brettw22
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hold your head up and bake some more sometime and mix those ....sorry , you can't, just put posts on again that says..

Caution;
    HAS NUTS .............the other..PLAIN
    If anything, I'm going to make laminated cards with a complete ingredient list for them to read and if they ask what's in them, make them sign a release saying they weren't told, and read the submitted/attached form provided to all those who wished to partake of what i spent my own time doing at home for you to (*&%^( enjoy. :biggrin:
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited September 2011
    Options
    brettw22 wrote: »
    they were oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with (and without) walnuts.

chocolate chips were the big Guittard chips (none of that semi-sweet BS here) and a little cinnamon for some mild flavor......

Damn... Those sound good, I would have made a pig out of myself. I'm betting that the person was pissed they can't bake that good and yours get all the bragging.

I want some next time :smile:.

Dave
  • Tony M
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If anything, I'm going to make laminated cards with a complete ingredient list for them to read and if they ask what's in them, make them sign a release saying they weren't told, and read the submitted/attached form provided to all those who wished to partake of what i spent my own time doing at home for you to (*&%^( enjoy. :biggrin:

I hear ya. I wish you could too.

I'll bet somebody was jeoulous of your ability to bake better than them!!:biggrin:
  • DMara
    DMara Posts: 1,434
    edited September 2011
    Options

You can do whatever the hell you wanna do in your own home. However you can't expect everybody at work to accept your antic. Not all of your co-workers are your friends, and everybody aren't thinking the same way. Hell, your joke might remind one of them about a nasty incident in the past. Hell, if they allow you to break the rule, what are they gonna tell the next dude who even stepped over the line further? I wouldn't mind joking with a few co-workers whom I consider my friends, and that's about it. Get over it and stop playing at work :tongue:
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000
  • brettw22
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Trust, what has been said in this place in the past FAR exceeds Male and Female cookie labels......but whatever.

I've accepted that there are those who are hyper sensitive to a level that I could never have imagined. If there was an intention to make people feel uncomfortable then i could understand it being taken to a higher level, but the person made such a big effin deal out of something that is as simple as a request to take down and not one single person I've talked to about this has even broached the realm of "yes, that's offensive."

If they were raped by the cookie monster, I'd take this seriously.......
  • DMara
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Trust, what has been said in this place in the past FAR exceeds Male and Female cookie labels......but whatever.

I've accepted that there are those who are hyper sensitive to a level that I could never have imagined. If there was an intention to make people feel uncomfortable then i could understand it being taken to a higher level, but the person made such a big effin deal out of something that is as simple as a request to take down and not one single person I've talked to about this has even broached the realm of "yes, that's offensive."

If they were raped by the cookie monster, I'd take this seriously.......

There are "****" at work, each and every office has at least one, you can rest assure. Some like to complain at anything, some would like to take your job, seriously. That's why you don't "play" with the whole office :biggrin:
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited September 2011
    Options
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I don't believe I'm familiar with that phrase....

humperdink.jpg

WAAAAAA !!! Now thats effin funny !!!

BTW-Too big ?? Is that possible....in a mans world ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,259
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Your co-worker(s) may have been upset because they felt if would have been more appropriate if you had brought in streudel instead of cookies.

Or so The Rock would have you believe. :rolleyes:
    Sal Palooza
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The power of cookies!!!!!!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    edited September 2011
    Options

Have fun with that Martha Stewart.:tongue:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • fossy
    fossy Posts: 1,378
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just get a hammer & beat the ^*&%*&%* out of everybody there ... no more guessing.. in this day & age , with the right lawyer , you could get out of it
  • fossy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wow I might need anger manangement classes...:biggrin:
  • brettw22
    edited September 2011
    Options
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    Please don't encourage that. People taking the law into their one hands is becoming too common place to the detriment of our society. We need to respect everyone's right to be safe.
    your first comment was fine, but this one is stupid because clearly there was nothing serious in the post you quoted.

I'd accept the perception issue IF I was given the opportunity to remove the offending content. To feel so harassed that a note to HR was written is where I'm baffled.

Less fun in the office sure, but duly noted on what level of sensitivity some people walk around with.
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited September 2011
    Options
    John, back off the 'girl' terminology..........

Feel free to lodge a complaint with the HR department.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    edited September 2011
    Options
    deleted...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • fossy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Some companies have an ethics line that is used for that sort of thing. It is very easy for something like a that to get out of all proportion.

So did you have to go for sensitivity training?

again , hammer
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited September 2011
    Options
    We need to respect everyone's right to be safe.

Well ..... I don't know about anybody else, but I'm certainly in the mood for a good ol' "Feel Good" song !

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FEZSytWubQ8?rel=0&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Sal Palooza
  • fossy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    that video is freakin me out man ....I need a cookie .. a male cookie
  • DMara
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Please don't encourage that. People taking the law into their one hands is becoming too common place to the detriment of our society. We need to respect everyone's right to be safe.
    Some companies have an ethics line that is used for that sort of thing. It is very easy for something like a that to get out of all proportion.

So did you have to go for sensitivity training?

brettw22, look for someone that talks like this dude, that's the person that complained about your cookies :biggrin:
    Living room:
    Bedroom:
    Other rooms:
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I brought some heterosexual cookies to work once, but nobody got the joke.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2011
    Options
    1315916445079_3602389.png

(from someecards)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If your company is able to ask "Male or Female" on its job application form, then they are publicly publishing they are aware males have nuts and femlaes don't.

If your HR department says one more word to you, threaten them with a harrasment suit based upon those "offensive" words on your job application form.
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    edited September 2011
    Options
    DMara wrote: »
    brettw22, look for someone that talks like this dude, that's the person that complained about your cookies :biggrin:

LaughingCatAnimated-81db7e4ffdf3e1af9cb105b103d41d6b.gif
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Note that the grass often doesn't look greener on the other side after you get to the other side.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wdX8y_xkz14?rel=0&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Sal Palooza
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Only do that if you have another job in your backup plan. Most people are hired at will which means they can be fired for no reason.

If you disagree with your employer you have three choices to consider.

1.) Stay and at least publically accept their decision. You at least can be accepted as a team player.
    2.) Leave and seek a more favorable employer or start your own business. Note that the grass often doesn't look greener on the other side after you get to the other side.
    3.) If you stay and don't still don't publically accept their decision, your career will likely suffer and in the long run it would have been better to leave.

Have you ever laughed in your entire life? Or smiled in any context that wasn't smugness? I'm guessing no.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.