LP through SDA

Options
madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
edited March 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
I listened to the complete Beatles White album 180G tonight. It is really awesome through the SDA's. Even better than the CD! (which is excellent) I had trouble sitting through Number9 but other than that I totally enjoyed myself.
madmax
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by madmax on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited March 2004
    Options
    You know that's one CD that I kept meaning to pick up, but never did. Now, I'm waiting for it on SACD. What do you think, should I hold my breath???
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhw58
    mhw58 Posts: 359
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by F1nut
    You know that's one CD that I kept meaning to pick up, but never did. Now, I'm waiting for it on SACD. What do you think, should I hold my breath???

F1,
    Never hold your breath waiting for Beatle remasters! I've been a Beatles fan for 40 years and I've learned to be patient. There are rumors of SACD Beatles stuff but nothing definite. The Stones and Dylan have upped the ante by putting out their catalogs on SACD but it will probably be a year or 2 before the Beatles get theirs
    out.
    Mike
    Fronts: SDA1C's
    Rears: SDA2's
    Center:CS400i
    Sub: PSW505
  • F1nut
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I'm turning blue here....

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Breathe man, breathe.

If you DON'T (breathe that is) can I have your gear?

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by TroyD
    Breathe man, breathe.

BDT

:D:D:D
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2004
    Options
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!:D :D:D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited March 2004
    Options
    madmax, I too have found newfound listening pleasure hearing vinyl through the SDA's. For the first time I actually prefer listening to vinyl over CD's. The Average White Band's AWB LP sounded absolutely incredible. They were right there..in front of me...playing...in my den...I swear! Gonna do some more Pink Floyd tonight and after reading your post ganna have to do some Bealtles also. Just can't say enough about the SDA's......

By the way, the Stones on SACD? I haven't seen any. What's available?

Greg
    suds, suds and more suds!
  • F1nut
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by TroyD

Can't ya feel the love....lol

President of Club Polk

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by gshisme
    madmax, I too have found newfound listening pleasure hearing vinyl through the SDA's. For the first time I actually prefer listening to vinyl over CD's. The Average White Band's AWB LP sounded absolutely incredible. They were right there..in front of me...playing...in my den...I swear! Gonna do some more Pink Floyd tonight and after reading your post ganna have to do some Bealtles also. Just can't say enough about the SDA's......

By the way, the Stones on SACD? I haven't seen any. What's available?

Greg

Big Hits: High Tide and Green Grass
    12 X 5
    Hot Rocks, 1964-1971
    Got Live If You Want It!
    Out of Our Heads
    Their Satanic Majesties Request
    Rolling Stones (England's Newest Hitmakers)
    Flowers
    More Hot Rocks (Big Hits and Fazed Cookies)
    Through the Past, Darkly (Big Hits, Vol. 2)
    Aftermath
    Singles Collection: The London Years
    Between the Buttons
    Metamorphosis
    December's Children (And Everybody's)
    Rolling Stones Now!
    Aftermath
    Beggars Banquet
    Let It Bleed
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
    Out of Our Heads

Circuit City lists a boxed set of themall for $515 but it's backordered. ;)
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Can't ya feel the love....lol
    No, but now I can smell your breath... :D

Kind of a wild, irrational thought here, but... you know Jesse, you could buy a turntable...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • F1nut
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Nah, I'm enjoying SACD's and CD's on the MF way too much. :D

Besides, after the recent TT demo I had on about $50,000.00 worth of gear, vinyl has left me underwhelmed.

President of Club Polk

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Underwhemed maybe, but minty fresh...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Nah, I'm enjoying SACD's and CD's on the MF way too much. :D

Besides, after the recent TT demo I had on about $50,000.00 worth of gear, vinyl has left me underwhelmed.

I keep flopping back and forth. Mainly because of the material. I've found so far that you can have several of the same titles on both CD and LP. Half will sound significantly better on lp whereas the other half will sound significantly better on CD. An interesting note here is that some of my favorites on CD kinda suck on lp. What was glorious and well put together (the material) on CD sounds almost ametureish and disjointed. It probably is! Maybe just a little TOO real for me.

Sorry to hear of your underwhelment. Keep in mind the phenominum (sp) of stuff sounding really good one time then sucking the next too.

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D