Think these will sell???

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,787
edited March 2004 in Flea Market
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Post edited by F1nut on

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by F1nut
    Anyone want to roll the dice.........:rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3085495432&category=14993

...idiots...
  • tigerfever1
    tigerfever1 Posts: 33
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Yes, it reminds me of one ebay auction I saw that said "stereo" used, works good $150. That was it...really informative. No brand,no anything. it's almost entertainment for me to see these lame listings,even the feedback left by people can be belly busters at times.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I think they will sell way over the reserve price :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited March 2004
    Options
    To some people speakers are speakers.
    It never fails to amaze me the people I run into that don't know the brand names of their own stereo components. :rolleyes:

"Oh yeah....I've got a great stereo system!"
    "Yeah.....what kind is it?"
    "Hmmmm.....I don't quite remember.....I think it starts with an 'S' though"
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • gregit
    gregit Posts: 284
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Do you think these would work as my front prescence speaks?

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Chances are.....

Its Pork Audio
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • gregit
    gregit Posts: 284
    edited March 2004
    Options
    i was being sarcastic..but thx anway ;)
  • spyderman
    spyderman Posts: 678
    edited March 2004
    Options
    at least we know they're Polks... anyone send this rocket scientist an email?
    RTi70 Fronts
    CSi40 Center
    RTi38 Rear
    PSW650 Sub
    Str-de1075 Receiver

Hope is on the way!

ABB

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Why bother???
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• spyderman
    spyderman Posts: 678
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Perhaps it's a diamond in the rough? He might not know what he has...
    RTi70 Fronts
    CSi40 Center
    RTi38 Rear
    PSW650 Sub
    Str-de1075 Receiver

Hope is on the way!

ABB

• Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited March 2004
    Options
    we dotn know what he has either....thats the problem
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Yup... They're nice looking Mon 5's. If I were close I'd think about 'em.

from seller:
    HI BET.THANX FOR THE INTEEST.I AM NEW AT THIS I DOWNLOADED THE PICS BUT DIDNT COME OUT I QUESS.THE SERIAL NUMBERS AE 5B-3395 AND 5B-3391.THEY HAVE A 13 INCH WOOFER AND A SIMILAR MIDRANGE BELOW WITH POLK AUDIO CARVED ON THE TWEETER.AT THE BACK THERE ARE TWO INPUT TERMINALS WITH A FUSE.THE COLOR IS DARK WALNUT.ATTACHED IS THE PICTURE.ENJOY THANX AGAIN.KAMI
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I was hinting that.....its a diamond. Get cracking Polkies :D

HINTING MY ****!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2004
    Options
    lol... Don't fight too hard over them. I've tracked two pair of 5's. One went for $99 and the other for $111. Much higher and you're in range of 7's and 10's auctions.

Anyone actually heard the 5's?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2004
    Options
    If you are looking for the best ads, need assurance of what they are, require all the assurance of buying the best, well, You will pay more for them than necessary... Great example of this: I bought a Jolida tube amp worth about $850 used for $355. Why? The ad said "doesn't sound right, great for a few months but sounds like crap now, comes with the ugly box I got it in. If you don't like it tough, I will give no refund". Yea, I was a little nervous but the money was laying there. When I got it I swapped the preamp tubes (which were in the wrong position) and it is now my one of my favorite amps! (I think the guys wife did a little cleaning one day:D)
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2004
    Options
    True, but this guy somehow set his opening bid right around what they sell for... Didn't say worth, cause that's a illusive figure.

Great nab on the Jolida.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Worth, to me, was what they were selling for used at the time. Next time I'll say "they were selling used ones for $****... Better?
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Actually wasn't aimed at your Jolida statement...

I had typed that the Mon 5's were starting at what they were "worth" and corrected myself... cause I don't know if they are worth $100.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli