Speaking of Lord of the Rings...

Strong Bad
Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
edited February 2002 in Music & Movies
Hey Micah and all you local Baltimore people, Lord of the Rings is coming to the glorious Senator Theater I think in about a week.

You know i'm there. Want to talk about chest pounding bass...this place will knock the fillings and teeth out of your mouth!

John
No excuses!
Post edited by Strong Bad on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
    i keep hearing about this theater, i am 90 minutes out of baltimore. if i am going to be in the area for dinner or something, is it worth making time to see a show, perhaps even LOTR's there?
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited February 2002
    Juice:

If you're going to be in the area and want to see a movie, then by all means go to the Senator. It's one of the few remaining old time movie theaters. The multiplexes of today don't even compare.

Back in 1999 when Star Wars Ep 1 came out, Lucasfilm sent a team out to upgrade the soundsystem to Dolby Digital EX and upgraded the projection system. There are very few theaters in the country that can match it!

One thing they do that I really like is when the movie is about to begin, the lights dim down and the curtains slowly open to expose the huge movie screen. It's almost like the screen itself is an attraction. For more details and directions, go to www.senator.com

Lord of the Rings is going to be insane! I think they are now attaching a 4 minute trailer of part 2 (Dark Towers???) at the end of the movie.

John
    No excuses!
  • juice21
    edited February 2002
    thanks! i'm gonna have to check it out! i'm gonna see LOTR's for the third time, i wanna see that 4 minute trailer, it's for 'two towers'...:D
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited February 2002
    But I can't sit thru LOTR again. I just can't.

I saw it at White Marsh -- one of those new stadium seating megaplexes. Some little kid, like 8 years old, two rows behind me started off by saying all the lines before the characters on-screen said them. I stood up and turned around, and because of "stadium seating" I was right in his face. I glared at him. His mommy then reached over and put her arm around him and said, "Honey, we won't talk during the movie." I sat back down.

The Senator Theater is definitely the only theater that's "worth the trip." Eat dinner in Towson or something and the go to the movies at The Senator. The Lucas upgrade made it even GREATER than it used to be -- a truly awesome theater.

I just wish he'd play something less talky (he's got GOSFORD PARK now). I want some classic stuff.

This is Friday, right?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • juice21
    edited February 2002
    Originally posted by Micah
    This is Friday, right?

indeed it is...finally:D

any recomendations of places to eat in towson??? it's gotta be pretty nice (have to have a good reason to drive my GF that far for a dinner and a movie...;) )

you know, 'i've heard of this great place to eat in towson, and while we're in the area....'