Polk Audio SDA-SRS 2.3TL's

Options
nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
For your consideration, I am offering my Polk Audio SDA-SRS 2.3TL's for sale. They are in unmodified condition with exception of Larry's Amazing Rings. These speakers are in amazing condition and do not show their age in any way. The wood tops are perfect, grills and side panels are almost as nice. I have the original SDA cable and spike kit, which will be included with the sale.

Unfortunately, due to size, I am unable to deliver them, so it would need to be a local pickup kind of thing. The reason for the sale is two-fold, first is that moving to California is not exactly the best thing for these speakers and the other is that my wife has given her blessings for a major upgrade to the system, and these speakers will be stepping aside for a pair of Magnepan MG3.6R's:biggrin:

My asking price is $1200.00...
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
Post edited by nooshinjohn on

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Price drop to 900.00.........
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Those speakers sound amazing. Someone needs to jump on this.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I also got to hear these speakers on a bunch of different amps this weekend and they can get LOUD! They also do it with very little power, and effortlessly.

If I was single, had space, and had the cash these would be very shortly sitting on either side of my DLP lol....

But since I have a wife, no space and right now no cash, I will just tell everyone these are a great buy at that price and their are no blemishs that I could see. That and John is a great guy and I will vouch for him being a great seller.

If you do buy them, bring a bunch of strong guys, a dolly and a truck.... lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited April 2011
    Options
    California, 'really', John? "You" in California...how long is that going to last? Good luck to you on the move but not sure that's 'your' country out there. Indiana, on the other hand, always seemed a good match for your particular temperament and politics!

IN any case, I do 'hope' that works for you. And good luck with the sale and the 'new' life!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,173
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Great price John!!! GLWS
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • gigbyt
    gigbyt Posts: 145
    edited April 2011
    Options
    why is it that an item someone (like me)would buy right now, is always too far away?
    AAAAARRRGH!!!!!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    California, 'really', John? "You" in California...how long is that going to last? Good luck to you on the move but not sure that's 'your' country out there. Indiana, on the other hand, always seemed a good match for your particular temperament and politics!

IN any case, I do 'hope' that works for you. And good luck with the sale and the 'new' life!

cnh

I am going there to set things "right".:biggrin::wink:

I may actually decide to run against Henry Waxman someday.

• nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Just to update... now that gimpod's circuitboards are available, my gut is telling me to keep the TL's and go for a full upgrade of the speakers rather than part with them at this time. That said, if someone wants them before the weekend gets here, I will sell them, but once I have the new boards in hand, I will complete the mods and see what happens.

• chandler9a
    chandler9a Posts: 877
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Just to update... now that gimpod's circuitboards are available, my gut is telling me to keep the TL's and go for a full upgrade of the speakers rather than part with them at this time. That said, if someone wants them before the weekend gets here, I will sell them, but once I have the new boards in hand, I will complete the mods and see what happens.

Good man, I wouldn't worry too much about moving those to Cal. My parents moved theirs to Japan and back with no problems because they ARE worth keeping. Either way, good luck with the move and the sale if they do end up being sold.

Just a side not, I still have my parents 2.3's in my basement to do a complete upgrade on someday... I think it will be worth it.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,906
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Why do you need the boards to upgrade them?? John you would be a fool not to upgrade the crossovers and keep them!!! You have no idea what your missing..

Just my .02
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You won't very easily find a better deal for the TL version of the 2.3's. If I were closer to John, I'd buy them! Great deal John! Get them before John gets gimpod's boards!!

Greg
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Like a fish out of the water.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Deleted due to erroneous post.

Greg
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • dcmartinpc
    dcmartinpc Posts: 844
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If my 1C's and my Monitor 70's were sold, these would already be MINE! I just don't have the cash right this second! If I picked these up, then I would dump my SRS 2's also.... Why oh Why!!!!

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9
  • prsartist3
    prsartist3 Posts: 20
    edited April 2011
    Options
    if there availible. can you contact me?
    i dont have a high enough posting count to send you a message?

thanks
  • mj2e
    mj2e Posts: 20
    edited April 2011
    Options
    if you still have them can you ship?
  • prsartist3
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Check your messages???
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I have... the speakers will not be sold until after the new crossovers have been installed. I will start another thread if they are once again available.

• prsartist3
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What city are you in?
  • renowilliams
    renowilliams Posts: 920
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm curious....what difference is there between my SDA 2A's and the SDA2 SRS??? Is there a huge sonic difference?
    "They're always talking about my drinking, but never mention my thirst" Oscar Wilde

Pre-Amp: Anthem AVM 20
    Amp: Carver TFM-35
    Amp: Rotel RB-870BX
    Fronts : SDA 1B w/ RDO-194s
    T.V.:Plasma TC-P54G25
    Bluray: Oppo BDP-93
    Speaker Cables: MIT Terminater
    Interconnect Cables:DH Labs Silver Sonic BL-1isonic
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    Options
    prsartist3 wrote: »
    What city are you in?
    I don't know exactly how where I live is relevant as I will not be selling them now, but my zip is 47906.

• nooshinjohn
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have decided to relist my 2.3TL's... now with Gimpod's new boards as part of the deal. These are just too much speaker to take with me to California, give the space restrictions I will be faced with in our tiny little apartment that will be home for a year before we get into another home.

Price is still 900.00 with the boards as a bonus.

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    edited May 2011
    Options
    These are some super sounding speakers, and they look great too. If I had the cash, I would make room in my house for them. Good luck with the sale, John and best wishes on your future endeavors.
  • billyjeff2
    billyjeff2 Posts: 11
    edited May 2011
    Options
    must...resist.....
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited May 2011
    Options
    john how bout parting them out?:biggrin:
    i could use the xovers and a couple drivers
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited May 2011
    Options
    gigbyt wrote: »
    why is it that an item someone (like me)would buy right now, is always too far away?
    AAAAARRRGH!!!!!

X2.......!!!!:mad:

Great price there John.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.