check this out

warviper
warviper Posts: 585
edited March 2004 in Electronics
Here it is.

Please tell me why this is a bad amp. This has gotta be one of those too good to be true deals just wondering why though.
Thanx.
Wish I was a polkologist then I could call my self Dr.warviper.
Post edited by warviper on

Comments

• Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 914
    edited February 2004
    Because it's made by Pyramid...
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited February 2004
    Professional Component Amplifier
    400 Watts x 2 into 8 Ohms (2 x 125 Watts RMS) <- If it's 125 RMS, what measurement did they use to get the 400?

Plus the colour scheme is hideous! ;)

regards

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2004
    As pib noted, here's a case where the spec's do tell a story. And the spec's here are inflated... One that is missing from all listings is weight...

Did you check their feedback... Here are some of the negatives.

1000w amp is 400RMS, ordered 2,sent 1, Company apathetic, UNSAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buyer grammyguy( 51) Feb-25-04 12:51 3077432032

The guitar amp was advertised at 400 watts, while research proves it to be 40. Buyer blainesta871( 3 ) Feb-24-04 14:24 3705129122

crappy speakers. Tried to email but their address doesnt work (through ebay2!) Buyer seattlesmithseattle( 53) Feb-08-04 01:17 3072996323
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • warviper
    warviper Posts: 585
    edited February 2004
    I hear you guys, did not read feed back cause was not interested in bidding. Just wanted to know how people scam so I can avoid crap in the future. I have seen this one called Nady that seems to be the same type of crap. Thanx guys.
    Wish I was a polkologist then I could call my self Dr.warviper.
  • kingkip
    kingkip Posts: 401
    edited February 2004
    But the colors alone should have turned you off, right?! Who has purple gear?
    There are two ways to argue with women. Both of them are wrong.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2004
    you can get a samson s 1000 for 350bucks and it has 1000 wats rms and it is not ugly and has a real 3 year warentee i think.
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited March 2004
    Just for the record that 1000 watts ( 500 wpc ) is into 4 ohms. Oops ... I guess it'll do 1000 watts @ 8 ohms, bridged. Sorry about that.
  • newtoeverything
    newtoeverything Posts: 17
    edited March 2004
    pyramid, isnt that just an unbelievable cheap brand? I remember here in Canada there's a brand called Pyramid (maybe the same?) that sells like 1000W car amps for like $175. Obviously it's a cheap cheap brand. BTW. those car amps I saw were in a place called London Drugs. . .enough said.
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited March 2004
    Hey!!!! I got my Polks from London Drugs!! :p
    Agree with you about Pyramids though. ;)

regards

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2004
    Yes, Pyramid is very low end. I remember a guy that sold them out of a van when I lived in Topeka.