Latest Edition - Golden Tube Audio SEP-1

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited February 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
This beaut (or brute?) went straight to the man-cave, my critical listening - ****, who am I fooling - it's the room where I put my best gear, and get my drink and listen on.

Associated gear:

Polk SDA SRS 2
AMC CD8b
Carver TFM-45
MIT Terminator 5 Interconns
MIT Terminator 4 Speaker Cables
Furman Rack Rider Power Strip/Cond

No review yet, but I will say I'm grinning EAR to FRIGGIN EAR right now. This is a SET preamp, using a *single* 6DJ8. I can say this will be making an appearance at the next Lone Star Bottlehead Meet in San Antonio, in what - a week or so?

And no, those aren't fingerprints all over it, those are 'dingus' prints - I'm butt naked right now.

Cheers,
HAPPY Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    edited February 2004
    Options
    The wide shot....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Very nice Russ, it looks great :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Sweet... Shot of the guts* when time permits por favore'.

*the SEP-1's, not yours...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Roger that.

If you show in SA next week, you'll see em - we'll pop the hood.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited February 2004
    Options
    c'mon russ... Latest ADDition?...

EDIT: Btw NICE pre-..

and p.s. I didnt know you had a pair of nOrh's... what are those the 6.1's? 6.9's? What do you think of 'em?

• RuSsMaN
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Yeah yeah yeah, busted.

It's the latest EDITION, ie 'release', ie 'vX.x' of my cave. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

At least I don't have Tennis balls stuffed in my chinos, you ****.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited February 2004
    Options
    I think my tennis balls cost about 1/30th of your cardas exotic wood blocks

I'll give it to you though, the Cardas logo is slightly cooler than the Penn logo, but my tennis balls have 'limited' addition (sic) numbering
    :D

Mine are series "5", which is supposedly the best run to come out of the factory since the "2"s
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited February 2004
    Options
    I have borrowed a pair of those ceramic pyramids from a friend and noticed a better bass response. Does the wood do about the same?

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • tonyv1
    tonyv1 Posts: 365
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Russman, did you get the preamp from Jeff's Sound Values? It sure looks familiar. I live near Jeff's and my kids call it "Pop's candy store". Jeff, Dan, Mark, Al and Luis are great guys and don't mind me just coming in to BS and listen.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2004
    Options
    No, I bought it local.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Awesome pre, Russ. How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking? Can't wait to see her naked:D. So does this pre blow away the Radii? How does your new pre compare to the foreplay? I'm planning to build one this summer if I have time.

Maurice