oh where oh where has vinnie been?

Options
PoweredByDodge
PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
edited February 2004 in Car Subwoofer Talk
well my piece of **** computer took a dump on me.

it actually shot a spark out of the com port and then fizzled up a little stream of smoke, then it shut off.

long story -- laplink with a bad laptop computer.... yada yada... and so it fried one of the ram sticks, the EIDE primary controller and the hard drive.

a new hard drive later, an Ultra ATA PC card, and whatever and it'll run basic ****.... so its in my room as "backup"... however i had to build myself a new computer to replace its dead self.

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton @ 1.83 GHz, 333mhz FSB, 512k Cache.

1 GB Crucial PC3200 DDR400 ram (two 512 sticks).

Western Digital Raptor 37.6 GB Seriel ATA 10,000 rpm hard drive

Teac DVD+/-R writer and Pioneer DVD drives

**** with the old hard drive till i got it going... i use it as "storeage" -- i fear too much to boot from it.

NVidia Gefore 4 64 mb graphics card

Soundblaster Live audio

Asus TV/FM tuner card

500 w P4/AMD approved power supply and 3 case fans (one in, two out)

Soyo Dragon 6000KT motherboard -- two onboard SATA controllers, 2 IDE controllers, support for the AMD processors up to 400 mhz FSB, three ram slots, 4 onboard USB, 4 front USB, onboard ethernet and Firewire. I dig it. for 47 bucks i really dig it.

it's ok for now... i suppose.

anyway the other toy i got was a 1988 dodge ram w100 power wagon.

leaf springs in front to boot! -- 4x4. its jacked up 10 inches with 38" swamper tires. its a **** and a half.

but its in great shape - 60k miles - not a spot of rust on it --- only one baseball sized dent, but the dent isn't rusty -- and hte body is the same color as my old truck... its a clone, only beefier as hell. so i'm gonna drop her down to a 3" lift and put NORMAL tires on it... and spend a few years making it "just right" - have a phat premium paint job slapped on it and terrorize the town.
The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
Post edited by PoweredByDodge on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2004
    Options
    u need 35s
    and
    umm...
    lockers
    thatll do you good
    only thing bad about that is...if you get stuck with 35s and lockers...nothing short of a nice big 4x4 tractor is going to get you out...
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2004
    Options
    it has locking hubs :o) if that's what 'lockers' are.

what i NEED is to DROP it to NORMAL height... lol.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2004
    Options
    to tell you the truth, im not sure if the locking hubs is TRULY 4wheel drive
    i know what youre talking about though
    lockers lock the gears
    thus if one wheel is moving, the other wheel is moving
    no matter what
    im not sure if locking hubs do quite the same thing
    ill have to ask
    positract is where if one wheel slips one it stops turning and the other wheel turns instead
    lockers make both wheels turn
    pros:
    all wheels turn all the time
    cons:
    **** with your ability to steer
    think about it
    when you turn, no matter what, the wheel furthest from the corner is going to turn more than the wheel closest to the corner
    and it can actually be worse for traction on wet roads
    cuz if you peel out, with positract the wheel peeling out slows down, so you dont peel out as long
    with lockers, you peel out until both wheels grab or let off the gas
    you can get air lockers, which can be turned on and off, which ill be getting when i get my new truck...but you guessed it..theyre more expensive
    a way to test if you have full time lockers:
    peel out in mud...have someone watch
    if all wheels are moving at the same speed then you have lockers
    the more that i think about it, you probably do have lockers in the front...but not in back
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2004
    Options
    i had 3 lockers in highschool - then football season ended and i only had 2, then i stopped lifting and only had 1, then i graduated and had none... i made a rhyme.
  • TheAudioSpectru
    TheAudioSpectru Posts: 57
    edited February 2004
    Options
    I never really went to my locker in high school,except for the first and last day...to load all my books up in it and then the last day to return them all...only carried one notebook my whole senior year...lol
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited February 2004
    Options
    heh -- that's what i do now -- i ahve a pile of yellow half ripped sheets of paper everywhere -- that's my notebook... sorta.
  • TheAudioSpectru
    TheAudioSpectru Posts: 57
    edited February 2004
    Options
    Hey, as long as you know were everything is...