Power Acoustik Stax2000 Monoblock Amp $100

greyford1979
greyford1979 Posts: 749
edited April 2011 in Garage Sale
I know this isn't the greatest amp in the world and I know most have better gear on here but this would work as nice cheap starter amp for someone, so please don't come here to bash it:tongue: This would work very well with someone with limited space as it's not a very large amp. Only reason I bought it was to power the Dayton 15 I had which was for sale in the flea market, so I didn't want to buy something real expensive and then have no use for it:redface: It powered it well and did what it's supposed to. The amp is less than a month old and probably has less than 20 hours of total use on it. It is in great condition with some minor scratches from installation and removal. It was in perfect working order when I removed it from my car. I have all the original packaging and the remote gain which was never even removed from the packaging. You can see all the specs which I have listed...as to how true to specs it is, I have no clue lol:tongue: Also have this on craigslist but would much rather sell it here lol.

# STAX Monoblock Class D Car Amplifier
# RMS Power Rating:

* 4 ohms: 600 watts x 1 chan.
* 2 ohms: 900 watts x 1 chan.
* 1 ohm: 1200 watts x 1 chan.

# Max power output: 2000 watts
# MOSFET power supply
# Bass Remote Details (Wired remote bass level control included
# LED power and protect indicators
# Bass Boost/EQ details (0-18 dB bass boost at 45 Hz)
# Mono channel operation
# Preamp RCA outputs
# 3-Way System Protection circuitry (thermal, overload, and speaker short protection)
# Heavy duty aluminum alloy heatsink for maximum heat dissipation
# Silver-plated RCA level inputs
# Silver-plated screw terminals
# Variable low-pass filter (40-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
# Subsonic Filter (20-50 Hz)
# Phase Shift: 180 Degrees
# Frequency response: 15-150 Hz
# Dimensions: 12-3/8"L x 9-5/8"W x 2-1/8"H
# 4-gauge power and ground wiring is required for installation

$100 shipped
payment through paypal

Thanks for looking!
I love animals, they're delicious!
Post edited by greyford1979 on

Comments

• greyford1979
    edited January 2011
    $95 with free shipping and I will throw in the amp wiring kit that I got for free with the amp. It's not true 4 gauge wire, more like 6 but was ok as long as you don't try to get the max power out of the amp. Power, ground, remote, rca, and fuse holder included.
  • davidsdad
    davidsdad Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
  • greyford1979
    edited January 2011
    davidsdad wrote: »
    got a pic????

I have 4 pics posted:confused:
    ronaldjack wrote: »
    hi guys,,,
    Power Acoustik has always been an entry level brand, but they do have decent amps for the price.

The stax2000/1d is an ok amp, but with a pair of 40A fuses there is no way it can be expected to produce more than about 1000w rms.
    It would run a pair of dvc 4 ohm cvx 15's fairly well with 400-500w rms each, but not close to their potential.:smile:

That's why I posted that I know it's not the greatest of amps and that the specs aren't going to be quite what it's rated at. I used it for a month because I didn't want the 15 I had for sale to just sit around not being used. For somebody looking for a cheap way to get into car audio this is not a bad way to go.
  • carlose
    carlose Posts: 10
    edited April 2011
    greyford,

Hi i saw your post until today (april 18), still have the amp?? im really interested
    let me know: carlangasboy at hotmail.com

Thanks
  • greyford1979
    edited April 2011
    Sold!!!!