polk momo 15 and mtx...

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited February 2004 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Hi , Im new to car audio and am puting together my first system. Right now I have, in my 94 izuzu rodeo, A polk momo 15" in a sealed box I made. The sub is powered by a mtx 942 2 channel amp (940 watts at 4 ohms.) For my mids and highs I have 4" and 5 1/2 " kappas ran to the mtx 404 amp (50watts 4 channels and 4 ohms rms) .My question is, I just have the one 15" sub and it sounds good bridged into that big mtx amp. Was wondering if getting a second 15" sub just like I have now, and running it on the second channel of that amp. Or would it sound cleaner just to keep the on sub bridged into the amp. Witch would sound better.
Btw the sub model is mm2154 and sorry about my bad grammar and spelling.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited February 2004
    Options
    you bought the wrong amp dude.

that amp is three times the power you need for the one momo 15 (if u stretch it) -- twice what u need (if u dont stretch it).

if you run them in stereo then you'll only be getting 250-ish watts to each sub.

you should instead sell / return the amp and get an mtx 1501D or 81000D in its place... then you can run two momo 15" subs and slam all day and all night.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited February 2004
    Options
    you should look into a different brand of amp for your mids and highs, mtx's arnt a great choice for them...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • TheAudioSpectru
    TheAudioSpectru Posts: 57
    edited February 2004
    Options
    hehe...The Audio Spectrum(my place of employment)was the first shop to have 15" momo's sent back to polk...I think the customer was tone deaf because he played them in the distortion constantly...