Polk PA1100.5

Marcinko7
Marcinko7 Posts: 121
edited March 2011 in Garage Sale
Is the 600w enough to get the most out of a SR 124DVC sub? I love the idea of using one amp to drive my entire system but don't want to be disappointed with the sub levels. Mind you I'm trying to use the sub with the music not instead of it. the sub will be in a sealed 1.2 CF box in a Tahoe w/SR6500 speakers (4). Thanks for the advice in advance.
Denon 3806 Receiver
Denon 3910 DVD
Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray
Outlaw 7500 300w x 5 @4 Ohms Amp
58" Panasonic 800U 1080P Plasma TV
SVS PB-12 Plus Sub
Lsi25 Fronts-Cherry
LsiC Center
LsiFX Surrounds
SMS-1 Velo Sub EQ
PBJ Interconnects
Blue Jeans Cables

Everything was going just fine till my buddy poked the cop in the chest and said "did Andy give you your bullet today Barney?"
Post edited by Marcinko7 on

Comments

• PerfectCreature
    PerfectCreature Posts: 1,456
    edited May 2010
    You are really not going to get a whole lot of reply's in the part of the forum where people are looking to sell or buy.
    On what you asked .
    Um... No it will not be enough. It is capable of handling around 700 watts. you will under power your sub and essentially ruin it if you try to make that 600 watt amp power your fronts back and your sub.
    Use the 5 channel you have now to power ONLY the fronts and backs.
    That way you will have a better headway for power reserves.
    Second since you obviously don't seem to have a issue for money... those are some expensive speakers I would suggest this amp to successfully power that amp to its full potential JVC Arsenal KS-AR7501D It will give you exactly 700 wattys RMS and you will get all you can get out of this sub...
    Now since you are running all of that power I suggest you get a battery with more juice and upgrade your alternator. Maybe even ad a 3 or 4 farad cap just for spikes, or even a second battery.
    Hope this helped.
    Receiver
    Harman Kardon HK 3490
    Speakers
    Polk Audio Monitor 50s
    Subwoofer
    Klipsch KSW-100
    Cables
    AudioQuest Rocket 33s 10ft
    AudioQuest Optilink1 2m
    AudioQuest Alpha-Snake 25ft Interconnect
    AudioQuest HDMI-1 2m

Alienware X51 R2
    PS4
    Samsung Smart TV 40" 1080p 3D
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2010
    1100.5 and u're telling this poor guy to get 2 batteries and 4 farads of capacitance?!?!?

... a single 1 farad cap / a 4 or 2 gauge wiring kit / and a 1000 CCA truck battery should be plenty for you.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • PerfectCreature
    PerfectCreature Posts: 1,456
    edited May 2010
    The biggest thing really is his altinator.
    Those are just for looks really.
    The alt is what will kill you if it doesnt have enough amps.
    Receiver
    Harman Kardon HK 3490
    Speakers
    Polk Audio Monitor 50s
    Subwoofer
    Klipsch KSW-100
    Cables
    AudioQuest Rocket 33s 10ft
    AudioQuest Optilink1 2m
    AudioQuest Alpha-Snake 25ft Interconnect
    AudioQuest HDMI-1 2m

Alienware X51 R2
    PS4
    Samsung Smart TV 40" 1080p 3D
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2010
    It's 2010 dude... everything from a Fiat to a Pickup has at least a 120 amp alternator.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Marcinko7
    Marcinko7 Posts: 121
    edited May 2010
    600w?
    Denon 3806 Receiver
    Denon 3910 DVD
    Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray
    Outlaw 7500 300w x 5 @4 Ohms Amp
    58" Panasonic 800U 1080P Plasma TV
    SVS PB-12 Plus Sub
    Lsi25 Fronts-Cherry
    LsiC Center
    LsiFX Surrounds
    SMS-1 Velo Sub EQ
    PBJ Interconnects
    Blue Jeans Cables

Everything was going just fine till my buddy poked the cop in the chest and said "did Andy give you your bullet today Barney?"
  • chu
    chu Posts: 178
    edited May 2010
    I was running a sr1240 in my truck with a pdx1.600 that pushed 760rms.

So a 600 watt is just fine, it will blend in and maybe even power your comps depending on what you're driving the comps with and how you set the filters and gains.

Also, 1.2 c^3ft??? Isn't the max recommendation for the sr1240 1c^3ft? It's been a long while since I built my box, so I could be wrong.

And to the guy who says 600 watts is under powering the sub, you can run the sr124 as little as 100 watts without it being ruined.

Edit: And please don't buy into the whole capacitor thing, its a waste of money and time.
  • Mahna Mahna
    Mahna Mahna Posts: 14
    edited June 2010
    To the OP. Check the output on your alt. if it's 120 amp it can be rewound to 140 easily enough.

Also look at performing Big 3 wiring upgrade before you decide on a cap.
    If you come to Canada, remember our bears like no foam lattes......thank you :D
  • SashaJobin
    SashaJobin Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    That a great idea.
    Those are not just for looks but also perform well.
    only it just required an additional battery.
    We've also been experiencing awesome benefits utilizing p90x for weightloss in addition to also the fat burning furnace for eliminating extra fat.