blew my momo 6/9

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited February 2004 in Car Subwoofer Talk
well i only had my momo 6/9s for couple mounths and blew the tweeters on 1 of my 6/9s i only had a 200 watt 2 channel amp hooked to them.now i gotta call crutchfield and send them in:(.no polk 6/9 for a while
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited February 2004
    Options
    did u break them in?
    -Cody
  • Systems
    edited February 2004
    Options
    well i called crutchfield and they had me run some test on them and it ended up bein the crossover that fried so my tweeters were not workin.if i send the crossovers in will polk send me new ones?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited February 2004
    Options
    most likely, polks customer service is great. they asked me for a receipt when i needed to return something to them.

breaking speakers in is more of a woofer, subwoofer thing then for tweeters, and is usually not the cause of blowing a speaker.
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited February 2004
    Options
    what brand amp was it and what ohm load do you have it running at??
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • Systems
    edited February 2004
    Options
    its a 200 watt vertual reality amp i got from some1 for free so i decided to hook it up to my 6/9s and its was runnin at 4 ohm.im goin to get 2 alpine amps 1 for 6/9s and 1 for the subs but the vertual reality amp works for now.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing